Main Menu

Is this game Homeworlds? If not, what is it??

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 29 August, 2009, 06:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Alien race fleeing from an unseen enemy (they had a large Space Empire but it was destroyed by an advanced alien race). They leave markers behind to determine how far the enemy is. I think they encouter Earth.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Tweak72

Not Homeworld or Homeworld 2 as far as I can tell

Homeworld: Race of people live on low resource world but have managed to build a hyperspace capable ship based on a ship found on desert equator and its hyperspace core. also found is a stone with a map of the galaxy with a route marked from the world they are on to another world marked "Hiigara" which in the most ancient language means "Home".

The people test jump in system to find the supply ship sent 10 years before destroyed and are attacked them selves. they defeat the attackers and jump back only to find their world glassed.

the survivors now have no choice but to follow the Guidestone to Hiigara...

http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Homeworld

http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Homeworld_2
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dandontdare

Wow, does anyone really read the backstory on games?

Trout

Batman's Superior Cousin

I've found the answer. Check here for the answer!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

uncle fester

Definitely not Homeworld. I lost months of my life playing that game...

VinceBot

I don't know how you managed to get "Sins of the Solar Empire" from your question, but I never really got into that game. It was almost a replacement for Ascendancy, but at the same time it really wasn't.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 August, 2009, 08:57:06 PM
Wow, does anyone really read the backstory on games?

Real Time Strategy have kept backstory alive and well for a while. Games like Deus Ex and System Shock 2 dot it around but don't make it essential to your pew pew experience.

Homeworld, Homeworld Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 all have superb cutscenes, leading you from one encounter to the next.

Homeworld 2 is hard as nails gameplay wise though, and the only way to complete it is figuring out the rock-paper-scissors setup of the units and use distract-and-attack tactics.

Thinking about it though, the only reason I complete Homeworld is because I constantly used salvage corvettes to steal half the enemy fleets.

Fun stuff!

uncle fester

Quote from: VinceBot on 22 September, 2009, 12:59:43 AM
Thinking about it though, the only reason I complete Homeworld is because I constantly used salvage corvettes to steal half the enemy fleets.

You only stole half of them? I stole every ship they used against me. Still managed to have my ass handed to me on that last level though.

"You have come out of hyperspace"
"You are being attacked"
"You are dead"

Ace game though.

HdE

[once again, posting when he should be sleeping]

Just to up the trivia ante - anyone remember the theme tune to the first Homeworld game being performed by Yes?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

ThryllSeekyr