Main Menu

Terminator 3 new trailer

Started by Mangamax, 03 January, 2003, 06:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Seen the version 2 trailer and i have to say it left me cold. Case of "same old sam old" with Arnie trying to do a XXX/Matrix stunt type thing. The guy now playing John Connor is hideous. The girlie "ultimate Terminator" is just not convincing. Must Arnie have half his face ripped off again???
BUT - lots of flying Hunter Killers, new smaller H.K's and (the payoff shot and why i'll most probably love it) you get to see a HUGE army of Endoskeletons! Can't wait
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

paulvonscott

Buddy

Same here - this looks soooo lame!!!

Queen Firey-Bou

fools they shoulda cast me, i'dve showd them...paid me in gin..kicked thur arssasss. Bou as terminator 3000...oooo scaryyyyy

Devons Daddy

ohh come on. several scens i have seen are nods to the last two.
the lines

SHE,ll be back, when he knocks the female out of the window.
and
the rip off of the john oconnor in the same suitatoin as his son in part two. arnie in forming him to come with me.
 had to raise a least a slight smile.

i am looking forward to it. two hours of entertainment. big guns. bigger explosions. and sci fi at its totally out rageous best.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Art

A couple of nights ago I dreamt the entire plot for a Terminator film, which didn't make much sense, except it was set in the florida keys and at one point after the terminator fell off a cliff I was trying to find a cup of coffee and couldn't get one anywhere. Anyway, bizare and incoherant as it was it'll probably STILL be better than the film.

paulvonscott

I dunno, like Aliens, these sort of sequels are all about upping the ante, plus adding in all the trademarked shite and not about finding another story to tell.  

You had one robot/alien, so why don't we add a better one, add a different one, add an army of them, make them friendly, change the sex, have them fight Robbie the Robot?  Isn't it cool!?

I really struggle to remember any real story in terminator 2.  Basically an Arnie vehicle with some action set pieces and references to the time plot of the first movie.  If you saw it on its own it looks like one of those made for video SF movies in the late seventies/early eighties with a bigger budget.

There was a time when a good science fiction film and a blockbuster could be the same thing.  In this respect I suppose Matrix was the best for a while with star wars being the cutting edge of crap SF movies.

Art

Its not even upping the anti though. Instead of some kind of way cool liquid morphing robot that can reform itself after sustaining any damage this time arnies fighting a lady-robot with, like, a built in arm gun. Which is shite.

Trout

"I dreamt the entire plot for a Terminator film"

You should submit it as an unsolicited script.

Will there be monster trucks?

- Trout

The Monarch

hmmwith all those current crossovers in comics at the mo dredd and aliens and such like wouldn't it be interesting to see terminator vs archie? (the robot not the archie comics character)

Quirkafleeg

I think Arnie's been past it for years unfortunatly... The Devil one was the final straw... Can't he do an Eastwood and start playing roles nearer his actual age?

And I bet that bloke who wrote a Terminator script (that in his defense is actually not too bad) but then wondered why it was not instantly commisioned when he sent it to the producers (and went on and on about it on his web site) is in a frothing rage now...

Quirkafleeg

And of course what she really needs is a shield, grenades and a big-ass monster truck...

Sorry, I could'nt resist

Queen Firey-Bou

"I dreamt the entire plot for a Terminator film"

I am available for art therapy or a counselling session any time Arthur... I'll even do it free as its an emergency.

Mangamax

And another thing - first film, Arnie arrives naked - takes clothes off a punk. Second film, Arnie arrives naked - takes clothes that look just like the first off a biker. And now, in the third film, there he is again in exactly the same outfit. Bad idea to be wearing leather jacket, t shirt and combats when in L.A.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Devons Daddy

wow i never thought about that.
next time i go there on holiday i will make a sure not to pack such items.
lucky you mentioned that. could have really spoiled the entire week.

this siteis jsut full of informative information,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!