Main Menu

LOEG: The Tempest

Started by Leigh S, 14 July, 2018, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

...Well, that is just adorable!
@jamesfeistdraws

13school

Putting "great news for readers inside" on the cover of the final ever issue is brilliant.

Link Prime

Looks great, and I'm kinda remorseful I waited for the collected edition this time.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Andy B on 16 January, 2019, 01:43:32 AM
Check out the cover for issue 6. Did Kevin O'Neill design that logo?

k

Not sure what's going on in this series, but it's a lot of fun: Moore and O'Neill going crazy with a mash-up of just about any comic style you can think of. [spoiler]Plus, turns out Purdey and Patsy were the same person.[/spoiler] Best League book for a long time.

If I remember correctly, Todd Klein has done a lot of the cover design work on the League series and from a previous (brief) chat with him online, this is likely his work (though probably working off detailed designs/cover concepts from Kevin).

It's executed really nicely, much like all of the other cover pastiches through this series. Great stuff!

Bolt-01

It really is a lovely bit of design.

Proudhuff

When's it in the shops? never saw it in FP today...
DDT did a job on me

The Adventurer

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 January, 2019, 02:25:06 PM

The 2010 AD cover? That won't be out for a few months, the latest issue is issue 04 from last week. It looks like this.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Leigh S

Happened to be in London for a gig and issue 4 appeared this morning at the comic shop in Soho - Berwick St?  which I cannot remember the name of - so out today I assume?

The Adventurer

It's possible US and UK have different release dates, because Top Shelf publishes it in NA and Knockabout in the UK. But I definitely got it last week.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dandontdare

"Free Space Dinner" - arf  :lol:

Impatiently waiting for the collected edition......

Hawkmumbler

Adore that 2000AD send up! Only eclipsed by my delight at the brief return of [spoiler]Les Hommes Mysterieoux![/spoiler]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Adventurer on 16 January, 2019, 02:56:20 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 January, 2019, 02:25:06 PM

The 2010 AD cover? That won't be out for a few months, the latest issue is issue 04 from last week. It looks like this.

doh! never saw that either, back to the shop at lunchtime, thnaks for the heads up!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Yikes! Comic pals in the shop say it never arrived...sob
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Love the fact that Kev O'Neill is going so long he's in a position to parody a 70s comic he was a huge part of.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JamesC

For UK types wanting to get hold of this - I always buy my copies direct from the Knockabout Ebay shop. I've had issue 4 since Tuesday so it's definitely out.