Main Menu

Looking for artist for British Comic showcase

Started by Danbell, 07 December, 2012, 10:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbell

Hey, I'm looking for an artist to collaborate on a 7 page story for 'The British Comic Showcase', an anthology being put together by Adam Cheal. As I understand it, the book will be put out through Markosia early next year.
I'm looking for some one to draw a story of mine called 'My Father's Hand'. Here's a brief description of the story, minus the reveal:
Synopsis:

'Before I was born my dad lost his hand in a motorcycle accident. At least that's what he told me. I was never too sure...'

Barry has just lost his father to a sudden heart attack. As he sits at the funeral he is plagued by thoughts of a mysterious box he father told him contained his father's missing hand. Throughout his childhood the box was always part of Barry's life. First he feared it for what it might contain and then when he was caught trying to look inside, he became fixated on it.

At the funeral Barry is determined to discover the truth about the hand and the box. Barry questions his mother and his father's old friends and discovers that for every person Barry's father knew there was a different story, each one more absurd than the next.

Barry talks to the one person who will absolutely know the truth. His aunt. Cutting through all the nonsense and bravado, all the stories and half truths, Barry finally learns the truth.

The deadline is, I believe, end of January.
I can't guarantee anything but if you're interested then reply here or email me at danielbellcomics@gmail.com

Cheers