Main Menu

Find me a birthday present!

Started by Oddboy, 07 August, 2012, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Hi 2000ADers

Oddgirl here! Sorry Oddboy hasn't been around much lately, but the two small things we've spawned are keeping him busy (and he has work to do at work nowadays...who knew?!). It's his 33rd birthday next month and I am all out of ideas. Could any of you guys and gals point me towards something he might like? Hopefully I can work out whether he has it or not.

And shhhhh...it's a secret ;)

Oddgirl (aka Kate)

Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

Hi, Kate!

You need this place: http://webshop.planetreplicas.com/

Most of it's very expensive but I can recommend the badges. My wife bought me one for my birthday and I was thrilled.

- Trout

Oddboy

Bolt-01

The keyrings are very good too.

Once its all done- give Nathan a poke to come say hi, and congrats on the spawning!

vzzbux

Contact Cliff Robinson (Art Droid) or any other droids on facebook. They do some awesome commission art.
Go through this thread link below to see his work in progress. The final stages of my colour version is nearing complete.
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35026.0.html
My wife sorted it out for my 40th birthday. The Black and White I recieved just after my birthday but the colour has taken a bit of time to complete. You have to bear in mind thay they are very busy and have deadlines to finish scripts so it is hard for them to fit the work in sometimes.
Good hunting.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

You may alsow ant to look at http://www.termight.co.uk/ - they no longer do the Dredd badge, but still do a mighty fine Dredd belt buckle and various other bits and pieces.

Oddboy

wow, thanks all....i think a commission may have to wait for a BIG birthday! hopefully we'll have more money by then..
Some great ideas, thanks again!

SmallBlueThing

One of the most famous 2000AD artists is 'SmallBlueThing'- and a page of his artwork will light up your man's life with no shadow of a doubt. By lucky hap, he's having a sale at the moment and a complete five page 'judge dredd' strip, drawn in his trademarked avant garde 'future lowrie' style will set you back only two hundred notes. Pm him for details.

SBT

Oddboy

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 August, 2012, 03:20:08 PM
One of the most famous 2000AD artists is 'SmallBlueThing'- and a page of his artwork will light up your man's life with no shadow of a doubt. By lucky hap, he's having a sale at the moment and a complete five page 'judge dredd' strip, drawn in his trademarked avant garde 'future lowrie' style will set you back only two hundred notes. Pm him for details.

SBT

that sounds like a great deal! but not sure we have 200 notes right now...but thank you!

COMMANDO FORCES

Buy him a ticket to see DREDD up London town on a BIG screen  ;)

Large48

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 August, 2012, 06:50:42 PM
Buy him a ticket to see DREDD up London town on a BIG screen  ;)

I think that's called grooming these days...........
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Oddboy

I went for this DVD in the end. Hope he likes it! Thanks for all the help - I found the DVD through dandontdare's link, so v helpful :D

Dandontdare

The Enigmatic Dr X

Give him a voucher allowing him 30 minutes a day to come and play here. Lots of us have children. And we miss him. This place is like the Hotel California - you can check out, but never leave.

Sooner or later, they all come back.
Lock up your spoons!

Oddboy

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 09 August, 2012, 07:48:24 PM
Give him a voucher allowing him 30 minutes a day to come and play here. Lots of us have children. And we miss him. This place is like the Hotel California - you can check out, but never leave.

Sooner or later, they all come back.

ha ha I might just do that! Though I should point out that it's work, rather than me who's actually stopping him...
I might also take him to signing day as a special birthday treat. Though when I say take him, I mean send him...