Main Menu

2012 style Death

Started by Steve Green, 24 July, 2013, 11:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

radiator

Ace, though I'm not 100% sure the rictus grin still works - he just looks very pleased.

Goaty

That's looks awesome, looks like PSI Judge gone insane.

Steve Green

Quote from: radiator on 25 July, 2013, 08:09:57 AM
Ace, though I'm not 100% sure the rictus grin still works - he just looks very pleased.

He's just happy about the sequel.

Hap Hazzard

Quote from: Steve Green on 24 July, 2013, 11:48:37 PM
Saw this, looked pretty cool as a 'realistic' Death

http://simonlissaman.blogspot.co.uk/2013_07_01_archive.html

That's superb. I'd auction a kidney if necessary to support seeing that onscreen in a Dredd sequel.

Not one of mine of course, but the thought still counts.

That's just, like, uh, your opinion, man.

Stan

Yeah, that's great. The way the helmet's shaped he kinda looks more Alienish too. Just not precisely in a way I was expecting a live action version to look Alienish. Probably.

Rusty

I personally still think it's far too close to the comic version to be fit into the film's world visually. I'd planned on coming up with my own interpretation, and one of the things that I constantly got stuck on thinking about the design was Death's portcullis helmet. The idea of him bashing in strips of metal with nails like this concept was something I thought of too, and of course the rest of his attire: the bird on his shoulder, and the bones for the other pad as well as the skull-shaped badge. It's hard to imagine having those there with any realistic context as to why they'd be there. Remember, the film version is a realistic, gritty and plausible world. I'd personally just imagine Death to be a badly mutilated judge that is somewhat decayed with protruding teeth, creepy as fuck, and wearing a regular uniform with maybe a cracked visor where you can glimps a supernaturally lit white glowing eye.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Rusty on 26 July, 2013, 07:53:01 PM
Remember, the film version is a realistic, gritty and plausible world.

That has psychics and mutants.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 July, 2013, 08:03:54 PM

And Dredd.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Psychics and Mutants and Dredd! OH MY!
You may quote me on that.

M.I.K.

And talking bikes.

And belly-wheels.

And Otto Sump.

Rusty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 July, 2013, 08:03:54 PM

Yeah, but that wasn't over-done, and it was explained in a way that made them look like a myth anyway. Anderson that is. We've got people today that claim to be psychic, and we've certainly got mutants from radioactive fallout. On the other hand, how do you introduce a walking corpse from another dimension and try to keep that grounded?

junox

im really for  stallone  as  OTTO SUMPS ... just  he kinda looks like him

Steven Sterlacchini

That helmet with a bit of a Mouth of Sauron might look cool?

I'm not the biggest Judge Death fan, but if you build up to it slowly I think it could be made to work. If just living next to the Cursed Earth can make you psychic, just imagine what kind of crazy sh*t's going on in the heart of the wasteland.

You can build supernatural themes in real world type stories, one that springs to mind is 'The Shinning'.