Main Menu

Canada in Judge Dread

Started by lwhitehead, 07 June, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 June, 2014, 10:12:35 AM
Uranium City is in Alaska. Which is kinda the same thing.

*ducks*

I can't believe I missed this opportunity to point out that Molcher, when he ducks, is still taller than everyone else.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Isn't Canada an inhospitable ice-locked wilderness scoured by a perpetually cruel wind and patrolled by raging bear-beasts that devour those who happen across them? The few poor or foolhardy souls who live there huddle in sewer-like tunnels under their cities, just to escape the relentless weather.

Who says it will change in Dredd's world?
Lock up your spoons!

ZenArcade

Doc, you'll have our Canadian cousins declaring war with talk like that. Z :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Sector Chief

The few references that have been made to Canadia are listed under the Canada section of WORLDS OF DREDD and if you go to the Facebook page there are some pretty snazzy maps of Dredd's world too!  :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

judgerufian

Someone please change the thread title to read DREDD! Its so annoying to see such a basic mistake in the forum!! (though probably a victim of the spell check!)

Sector Chief

I thought the same and changed it on my reply!  :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: judgerufian on 26 June, 2014, 02:05:55 PM
Someone please change the thread title to read DREDD! Its so annoying to see such a basic mistake in the forum!! (though probably a victim of the spell check!)

I'm just amazed that it got this far on a forum of comic fans  ;)

Though maybe he meant this guy:

He doesn't, of course.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

I think the initial poster isn't as versed in the mileiu as dedicated Squaxx like us. Or he's possibly over eager to impart his ideas on the future of Canada. Z

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ZenArcade on 26 June, 2014, 07:00:00 PM
I think the initial poster isn't as versed in the mileiu as dedicated Squaxx like us. Or he's possibly over eager to impart his ideas on the future of Canada. Z

Have you read his previous Nikolai Dante threads? He's... enthusiastic, certainly.
@jamesfeistdraws

ZenArcade

With respect and good cheer to him. There is a certain joy in diving into the big deep dark pool of 2000AD. Z

Trout

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 June, 2014, 08:09:06 AM
Isn't Canada an inhospitable ice-locked wilderness scoured by a perpetually cruel wind and patrolled by raging bear-beasts that devour those who happen across them? The few poor or foolhardy souls who live there huddle in sewer-like tunnels under their cities, just to escape the relentless weather.

Who says it will change in Dredd's world?

It was a pleasant 26 degrees today, but it's due to climb to 31 this weekend. There are *gasp* seasons here.

I have been genuinely puzzled by the way the weather actually changes according to the time of year. The summers are glorious.

lwhitehead

I still like the idea that Canada is a there own Nation that they didn't sign on to the Judge system, The Lord Protector is the mayor and Chief Judge rolled into one.

LW

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ZenArcade on 26 June, 2014, 07:00:00 PM

I was hoping for the opposite and we'd be treated to an in-depth thread about the untold history of MC-1 thesp, Urb Karlan, in one of his leading roles.

Sector Chief

By 2105, Baffin Island is an independent state complete with an embassy in Mega-City One according to the Daily Star Dredd strip 'Baffin Island Ambassador'.