Main Menu

The 2000AD Short Story Comp WITH PRIZES - JAN/FEB 2015

Started by Bad City Blue, 20 January, 2015, 05:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Greetings, Droogy ones...

I have decided that the short story comp has had too many bloody good entries to kill off, so let's see what you can do with 500 words or less.

The best entry (as voted by squaxx) will get a FREE 2000AD Graphic Novel (ooohhhhhh) and there will also be one for a random voter as well.

Many thanks to the droids at Rebellion for supporting the cause.

SO... without further ado, here's yer topic, I though something fun (potentially) to start off 2015.

"TONIGHT, THARG, I'M GOING TO BE..."

Okay, I'll explain: It's character mash up time, so I want you to take one twothy character and stick 'em in another character's place for 500 words or less.

Judge Garp?
Halo Jones On The High Rock?
Meltdown Gronk?

By the way, if any of the above tickle your creative bones feel free to steal them.

Should be fun.

It's been unemotional (as ever)

Bad City Blue
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

tombonin

Awesome idea. I'm no writer but I'd do Walter Mean Machine.

Bad City Blue

Hehe... @Wight, you wotter, I'm gonna go up to four on your sowwy ass!'

Skullmo

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 20 January, 2015, 05:32:37 PM

I have decided that the short story comp has had too many bloody good entries to kill off, so let's see what you can do with 500 words or less.

was it going to be killed off? I thought it was pretty successful
It's a joke. I was joking.

Bad City Blue

We haven't been getting many entries, certainly it's at a low ebb, but Rebellion are happy to carry on supporting it.

It was getting a bit embarrassing tbh, asking people to put their top 3 out of 4 or so.

Hopefully this theme will stir up some creative juices.

Skullmo

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 21 January, 2015, 11:44:43 AM
We haven't been getting many entries, certainly it's at a low ebb, but Rebellion are happy to carry on supporting it.

It was getting a bit embarrassing tbh, asking people to put their top 3 out of 4 or so.

:)  Hopefully!

I always mean to enter, get an idea and then get snowed under at work.

I'll try to make sure I enter this time. Best to enter early I think!

Beeks

Quote from: Skullmo on 21 January, 2015, 12:08:11 PM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 21 January, 2015, 11:44:43 AM

I always mean to enter, get an idea and then get snowed under at work.

Same with me...I like to write in general but barely get the time these days what with two young kids and my work!

Will try to throw something together  :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Jacqusie

I'll have a bash at this, got an idea in mind.

When's the deadline please Blue?

ta

Super Mario

"I'm just not sure he's Judge material, Cal. He keeps asking if he can eat the perps."
"Yes, perhaps we need to have a word with him. Let him know he doesn't need to ask first."

It writes itself.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Jacqusie on 22 January, 2015, 03:46:28 AM
I'll have a bash at this, got an idea in mind.

When's the deadline please Blue?

ta

I think we'll sat end of February for this one.

If some could sticky this and unsticky the old comp that would be great

Jacqusie

Thanks, that gives me time to faff about somewhat!

:)

Bad City Blue

Skullmo

Eamonn Clarke

Getting to know you.

Quartz reached forward and pressed the intercom button on his desk.
"Right, Ms Helvetica. How many more are there to see?"

"Just the one, Mr Quartz. A nice young droid from sector 17."

"Splendid. Send him and let's wrap this up"

The door buzzed and a small service droid waddled into the room.

"Good day, young fellow. My name is Howard Quartz. Thank you for coming in today."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr Ten... Err... Mr Quartz. Thanks for seeing me.

Quartz scanned the file on his desk. "You work in one of the new con-apt mega blocks?"

"Yes, sir. I'm a maintenance and janitorial operative in Wogan block."

"Ah, Wogan. Named after the famous interviewer no doubt?"

"I'm not sure. I know he was in The Interview but I don't think that was ever weleased?"

"What? Never mind. To business. You know what we do here at Ro-Busters. We are an international search and rescue organisation with a reputation 

"Oh yes, sir. I know all about the fabulous work you do and I'm very keen to be a part of that."

"Now, you have probably heard of our top operatives, Ro-jaws and Hammerstein? Well, they are splendid fellows, very good at what they do. But when it comes to their public relations skills they are ... how shall I put this? ... somewhat abrasive. Probably because of their background, the work they were doing before they joined us didn't really focus on customer service. So we need a droid who can be the visible persona of Ro-Busters. Someone who can deal with customers, run press conferences, deal with the media, be a cheerful presence on social media. How does that sound?"

"Absolutely, sir. I can do that. It would be a tremendous honour to work for Wo-Busters."

"Woe-busters? That's brilliant! We can use that. 'Woe-Busters. Service that puts a smile on your face'. I knew I was paying the marketing department too much. I can see you are going to be an asset to the company already, young fellow. You're hired."

"Weally? Oh, Mr Quartz, I can't tell you what an honour it is to be the newest wecruit to the wanks of the wescue wangers. It's a dweam come twue. I've always wanted to work with Wo-Jaws and Hammerstein. It makes me want to whistle a happy tune or sing the hills are alive with the sound of music."

"Errr ... Yes, quite. Just pop through to Ms Helvetica and she'll do all the necessary wecruit..., I mean recruitment processes and sign you up. Welcome aboard, .... What was your name again?"

"Walter, sir. Walter T Wobot at your service. I'm weady and standing by for action. Can I just add one remark?"

"Of course, Walter. Wemark, I mean remark away."

"WO-BUSTERS ARE GO!"

Bad City Blue