Main Menu

RoboCop - Murphy's Law

Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

Well, this is sure to come as disappointing news to fans who were looking forward to seeing Jose Padhila's take on RoboCop next summer. Neil Blomkamp's Elysium (which was originally set to be released on March 1st, 2013) is now taking its August 9th, 2013 release date, pushing back Jose Padilha's remake to February 7th, 2014. There's currently no word on WHY Sony Pictures made this decision, although one option is that they may convert it to 3D. Another is that those rumours about problems with the production were in fact correct!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68739#3m3YbeGLWsiTSOh3.99

Cursed Earth Dweller

I would feel a lot better if they just scrapped the hole thing all togeather.

Goaty

JamesC

I like the gun but lament the loss of the leg holster.

Frank

That sidearm says mid-Eighties Carlos Ezquerra to me. I like how they've given his otherwise boringly ergonomic costume a wee arseflap, like the kind Laurel and Hardy's long johns used to have. Baby food has to come out somewhere.

SmallBlueThing

So, new Robo's got a hilarious rubber bum and a cute picture of a Gremlin's face on his back, has he? And I can't believe I've logged onto the Internet and seen a picture of a fat man wiping Robocop's arse. Gun looks dodgily like Strontium Dog's and he's riding a Lawmaster. If this is pg13 and goes massive, peppering the shops with Robo Action Figures, I will be somewhat amused.

SBT

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

willthemightyW

The human hand I can almost understand. If OCP were making Robocop, they'd want that, so when he's going out kissing babies and such, it makes him slightly more human.
When I first saw the back of his costume, I thought it looked ok, then I realized he has all those fabric rubbery things in between his armour, just like Batman has in the Nolan films*, and they really make it look like a man in a suit!
*They worked well in those!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz5FO4TQt1E
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Apestrife

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 October, 2012, 06:54:36 PM
So, new Robo's got a hilarious rubber bum and a cute picture of a Gremlin's face on his back, has he? And I can't believe I've logged onto the Internet and seen a picture of a fat man wiping Robocop's arse.

I'm so happy I logged onto the internet to read this  :lol:! Thank you so much :D!

TordelBack

They've just re-used the crappo-costumes from GI Joe: Rise of Cobra.

Boy am I glad I don't like the original.

JOE SOAP

Frank

They even copied the pink hand from this one:

JOE SOAP

Detroit, your RoboCop statue is nearly there...

MR. ELIMINATOR