Main Menu

Block War for Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Kickstarter

Started by Ancient Otter, 08 September, 2012, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

The Sovs and the Demon Cult turned up this week. Veeeeeery nice...
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 February, 2013, 03:48:42 PM
The Sovs and the Demon Cult turned up this week. Veeeeeery nice...

Haven't got my Sovs yet, but the Cultists and Citi-Def arrived last week: the Cultists are my surprise favourite models so far, the Gargarax guy in particular is wonderful and the pointy-hatted kooks themselves look like they were drawn by Ewins too: supoib. 

COMMANDO FORCES

I've got the Sovs at the moment and I've sourced a local person to paint all this, as and when they start to arrive  :thumbsup:

Dark Jimbo

A productive weekend results in the completion of the Wilfred Brambell Block Citi Def (C Company).

These are the first miniatures I've painted in roughly twelve years, so it would have made sense to do something nice and simple. So naturally I embark on a horrendously detailed urban camouflage scheme.  ::)
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 11 February, 2013, 12:42:47 PMThese are the first miniatures I've painted in roughly twelve years, so it would have made sense to do something nice and simple. So naturally I embark on a horrendously detailed urban camouflage scheme.  ::)
Well, the old magic must still be there as is looks pretty good to me.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Nice work Dark Jimbo :thumbsup:

Sculpts are up from the latest email

TordelBack

The Executioner looks very cool, but I really don't think much of the thuggish Midnight Surfer (grace and poise, people!), and Sabbat's cloak is, well, about as awful as the original concept.  That said, all the minis I've received so far have looked better in the flesh than their greens suggested.

Jimbo's Citi-Def are mouth-watering!

Mongoose_Matt

Bunch of zombies went out today, the rest of the Sovs and Cabal wil be going out over the next 5-6 days.

Then we will be on to the Judges of the World, Hershey, and the Exorcist Judge!

Dark Jimbo

Thanks for the kind words peeps! Better (in focus) pics -

There have been some lovely models coming in the post but these loveable gun-nuts are still some of my favourites. Next project - my zombie fattie conversion...!

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 February, 2013, 07:08:23 PM
The Executioner looks very cool, but I really don't think much of the thuggish Midnight Surfer (grace and poise, people!)...

Got to agree. I like the old Citadel Chopper, I like the Foundry Chopper... not so much the Mongoose version. But I'll reserve judgement for now.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Oh man, Jimbo, those are even cooler close-up!  What's your recipe for flesh tones?

Dark Jimbo

Reassuringly simple! A coat of 'flesh tint' over white undercoat, then a wash of 'nut brown' ink to bring out all the detail. A spot of black for the mouth and eyes then a final speck of white for the middle of the eyes (and teeth, where visible).

Most of the faces and hands also had a final light brush with a white/flesh tint mix, but that was only because I'd gone a bit heavy with the wash in places (out of practice!)
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 February, 2013, 11:28:03 PM
Reassuringly simple! A coat of 'flesh tint' over white undercoat, then a wash of 'nut brown' ink to bring out all the detail. A spot of black for the mouth and eyes then a final speck of white for the middle of the eyes (and teeth, where visible).

Most of the faces and hands also had a final light brush with a white/flesh tint mix, but that was only because I'd gone a bit heavy with the wash in places (out of practice!)

Ta for that - you make it sound so easy.  I haven't painted a mini in nearly 20 years, but I've been getting my glue and files and undercoat and such ready for assembling the Dredd minis, and am presently trying to scrounge up some paints and some time.  Can't decide where to start - I had planned to do an Ape Gang, marrying them up with the old Citadel Don Uggie, Fast Eek and Joe Bananas (who are a pleasingly suitable scale and style), but once I got hold of the superb Fatties I wanted to those, and now I have the Cabal they have moved to top of the list!   

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 February, 2013, 10:48:16 AM
Ta for that - you make it sound so easy.  I haven't painted a mini in nearly 20 years, but I've been getting my glue and files and undercoat and such ready for assembling the Dredd minis, and am presently trying to scrounge up some paints and some time.  Can't decide where to start - I had planned to do an Ape Gang, marrying them up with the old Citadel Don Uggie, Fast Eek and Joe Bananas (who are a pleasingly suitable scale and style), but once I got hold of the superb Fatties I wanted to those, and now I have the Cabal they have moved to top of the list!

I know what you mean! I dropped miniatures as a hobby when I left school and started college in 2000 (part of a desperate and inevitably unsucsessful attempt to try and be 'cooler' and appeal to girls - but that was also the time I started reading the prog, so apparently comics were okay) - but this kickstarter seems to have opened a floodgate in a big way!

I'm planning a very similar-sounding ape gang, to the extent of trying to score some of the Citadel Uggie models off Ebay to go with Mongoose's (luscious) Gorilla Gangster. I've even done a bit of gang-tagged scenery for them...

@jamesfeistdraws

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 February, 2013, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 15 February, 2013, 10:48:16 AM

I know what you mean! I dropped miniatures as a hobby when I left school and started college in 2000 (part of a desperate and inevitably unsucsessful attempt to try and be 'cooler' and appeal to girls - but that was also the time I started reading the prog, so apparently comics were okay) - but this kickstarter seems to have opened a floodgate in a big way!

I'm planning a very similar-sounding ape gang, to the extent of trying to score some of the Citadel Uggie models off Ebay to go with Mongoose's (luscious) Gorilla Gangster. I've even done a bit of gang-tagged scenery for them...

That's great!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest pics from Mongoose and they show the size of all four Pat Wagons and the Banshee Interceptor!