Main Menu

Prog 1923: Get Me Savage!

Started by JamesC, 21 March, 2015, 12:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I really like speech balloons on covers. It gives them a certain life and it worked well here. The brain with spitting fury seemed pretty funny too. It's just the colours seemed so dark—maybe it was my print.

Art

You'll be telling us Hello Kitty isn't a suprised cat with no nose next.

Orlok next week is Jakr Lynch, BTW.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Hawkmumbler

Not that this isn't great news but does it mean Absalom has been set back a few weeks?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Art on 22 March, 2015, 06:38:00 PM
Jakr Lynch

Isn't he a character from Game of Thrones?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I like the cover.

It helps that I have really enjoyed this book of Savage. In fact, at times - including when the Dark Judges were around - I thought it head and shoulders above Dredd.

Stuff happened in it. Characters developed. There was fan service. And there was less of the overt politics that sometimes gets in the way with Mills, leaving just sublime comic strip genius that comes from decades in the game.

Also, I liked the cover with the gun in the mouth better.
Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

Quote from: glassstanley on 22 March, 2015, 02:56:59 PM
The speech balloon seems oddly positioned on the cover. It seems to be indicating that Quartz' voice is coming out of his eye.

It's an interesting attempt to redesign the Mr 10% suit to make it more contemporary. The brain dome was originally intended to look like a bowler hat (at least to my eyes), reflecting the seventies businessman that Quartz represented. Here it looks more horrific, something which hasn't really been dwelt on before.

Still wondering how the evil Ebenezer Quartz from Star Lord fits into Savage continuity :)

Have you seen the post at 2000AD Covers Uncovered?

Jacqusie

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 March, 2015, 06:40:23 PM
Not that this isn't great news but does it mean Absalom has been set back a few weeks?

Looks that way sadly... Grey Area seems to have filled the spot for now.

Strange too the proposed Stronty Dog story seems to have changed too?

Proudhuff

All good, and a jump on next week, nice.
DDT did a job on me

IronGraham

I liked that the twisted tale was a continuation of the monkey collecting other animal's flags
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IronGraham on 23 March, 2015, 04:17:37 PM
I liked that the twisted tale was a continuation of the monkey collecting other animal's flags

Ah... was the monkey from a previous installment, then? I thought it rang a rather vauge bell. Might have had more impact if the gap since the last one hadn't been so long.
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Late to the party I suspect... I've  only been readin the Dredd on a weekly basis and saving the rest - very much enjoyed Savage... but... If in the previous books Bill pretended to be Jack to fool the Volgans, but we now know the real Jack was working with the Volgans...??

Leigh S

Ooops! Oh well, it was prog 1916 that all that happened - can a mod mod it??

Richard

Bill didn't know that Jack was working with the Volgans. And since he was working for them undercover, most of the Volgans wouldn't have known either.

Leigh S

Most of the Volgans sure, rank and file... but the top ones would know and they wouldn't put two and two together? It would only take one to know.... Don't get me wrong, loved this run of Savage as with much of the new stuff... just not sure this makes much sense - I suppose it's a reason to reread the earlier books!

Quote from: Richard on 23 March, 2015, 07:40:13 PM
Bill didn't know that Jack was working with the Volgans. And since he was working for them undercover, most of the Volgans wouldn't have known either.