Main Menu

Judge Fargo's Long Lost Relative?

Started by steverogers1001, 29 March, 2015, 08:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steverogers1001

I was just reading my copy ofAl's Baby last night and a funny thought stuck me.

Was Al a long lost relative of Chief Judge Fargo aka Joe and Rico Dredd's 'father'?

Or it it just because Carlos Ezquerra draws all of his big hulking tough guys the same?

Just wondering...   

Steve Green

The original strip had it being taught as a lesson in a Mega City classroom, but that was dropped in the collections.

steverogers1001

I have seen the original strip's framing story as well (thanks to a torrent site) which is why I was wondering if it had an extra connection to the Dreddverse

Steve Green

I think it was just because it was in the megazine originally.

maryanddavid

It was originally set to appear in Toxic, that didnt happen, so the Meg picked it up and they put a framing device of a Mega City on School to help it 'fit' better in the Meg.

TordelBack

Ignore them, Steve - I've believed Bastardi to be related to Fargo for decades now, and no amount of sensible analysis will sway me.

JayzusB.Christ

I think someone wrote a letter into Tharg about it before.  He's just a big-chinned Ezquerra man.  Much like Ezquerra himself.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Tharg and the truth are but distant acquaintances. I believe the evidence of my own eyes - sure male pregnancy is in the bloodline: how many 'babies' has Dredd had removed at this stage? And one of his clones is actually female! Explain that!

Which reminds me: when is Vienna's child with Vin Diesel going to show up?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tordelback on 30 March, 2015, 11:00:48 AM
Which reminds me: when is Vienna's child with Vin Diesel going to show up?

She'd be about ten now, aye?
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

Wasn't the offspring in any of the DOC strips then? Or have we all forgotten something?

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 March, 2015, 10:24:01 AM
I think someone wrote a letter into Tharg about it before.  He's just a big-chinned Ezquerra man.  Much like Ezquerra himself.

I definitely remember someone having made that connection in the pre-internet days (which means I must have read it in the Meg letters page).

Steve Green

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 March, 2015, 02:06:03 PM
Wasn't the offspring in any of the DOC strips then? Or have we all forgotten something?

Not that I remember.

Dandontdare

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 March, 2015, 10:24:01 AM
I think someone wrote a letter into Tharg about it before.

If only there was a cardiac-impaired food-botherer around we could ask ....

Buttonman

Alas I only have the mechanics (name, prog/meg number, town and date) no content. If someone can suggest a name I'll have it up yikidy split!