Main Menu

UNDT Round 1 - Strontium Dogs (Heroes)

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 July, 2020, 06:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 July, 2020, 06:21:51 PM
Genuine question - Kid Knee Sr or Jr? Or... both?

Err whichever Bolt prefers. I always assume Sr and will go with that until I hear otherwise.

maryanddavid

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 23 July, 2020, 07:35:38 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 July, 2020, 06:21:51 PM
Genuine question - Kid Knee Sr or Jr? Or... both?

There are two? Damn my old brain.

Senior helped Johnny and Wulf hunt the Mutator in The Kid Knee Caper. Junior met Johnny after Alpha's resurrection on the new Doghouse and became one of his Repo Men gang - I think he's probably the one you find so annoying!
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 23 July, 2020, 05:30:19 PM
And Alpha should've stayed dead: not come back and become a mutie supremacist.

I believe we're in a minority, but I totally agree. I thought his death scene was one of 2000ad's best moments ever, and wish it hadn't been reversed.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

If you want you favourite to collect their reward let us know now. Remember another vote was decided by literally the final ballot this morning. So it could be yours that makes the difference tomorrow mornign first thing what voting closes.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but please Bolt still add your vote for Kid Knee - he missed ya!

Well this round was insanely tough. Just some brilliant, brilliant characters and the number of series under the belt of the supporting cast members is testament there. In the end however you can't keep an old dog down and you went with the original as best. Winner

Johnny Alpha

runner up his 'side kick'

Wulf Sternhammer

broodblik

Great I always felt that Wulf is such an important part of Strontium Dog and when he was killed-off it was almost if the heart of the strip was ripped out. Although I can say Rage was absolutely brilliant.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Voting closed???

Thought we had til Monday?

I would go for Alpha and Archibald McNulty if that's allowed.

And I'll see youse ootside James, if it's not.

paddykafka

I thought that Monday morn was the cut-off date too. Ah, well. For what it's worth, my vote would have been for Johnny Alpha and Wulf Sternhammer too.

PS: If there was a first prize for this comp, I would ask that it be that fancy looking gaff pictured on page two of this thread. That young couple certainly seem impressed enough with it!

(I'm wondering what all the contributors listed underneath are saying: "Congratulations on your new home!" or "I lived there before, and it's riddled with rising damp!"

Colin YNWA

As with the Strontium Dog (Villains) vote I've fumbled opening post - here in a much more signinficent way. I have rushed these in the morning trying to get everything done before I start work... enough excuses already. However as with the Villains vote I've decided not to make things worse, or more complex and just cop for the error as is and leave things as they are, with the result as called.

I have taken to writing these up in advance now so will check in the morning and try to do better in future. Apologies to anyone who would have voted today, especially anyone who would have voted for a character that didn't make it BUT I think to not leave it as stands will just make things worse and the vote has had the allotted 3 days.

Can I offer particular apologies to paddykafka and Magnetica, both magnificent boarders, who have explicitly stated they would have voted today (as they have shown on the other threads!) hope you can forgive my fumbling disorganisation and it doesn't put you off playing along with the rest of the tourney.

Sorry folks.

paddykafka

No need for apologies, Colin. Just throw in the aforementioned gaff - pictured on page two of this thread - as a consolation prize and all will be forgiven.  :D

Magnetica

Ok no worries Colin. Thanks for explaining and all the work you put into these tourneys.

Bolt-01

Kid Knee Sr and Kid Knee Jr (The annoying one!)

Curse you real-life for stopping me.

(Dear Tharg, is it wrong of me to want to use my ability to edit posts to make sure the right Dog has his day?)