Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prog / Re: Prog 2058 - A Frosty Reception
« Last post by A.Cow on 18 November, 2017, 11:18:38 pm »
Nerve Centre -- Woah!?? What's this week's Damage Report on about?  Could it be a sly hint that Rebellion are doing a high-quality digitisation of the full 2000 AD archive?  If so, I'd gleefully pay a subscription for that.  Sign me up now.  Where do I send my bank details?
Its a reference to the new coloured edition of Halo Jones that's coming out, probably.

Ahh ... that makes much more sense.  Thanks.  :)

(P.S. It's "on tenterhooks".  Surprisingly, the phrase does not related to hanging meat or tenderising it.)
News / Re: VICE PRESS New 2000ad Prints released including Tula Lotay ANDERSON
« Last post by Arkwright99 on 18 November, 2017, 10:49:44 pm »
The Anderson Print is sold out. Hope some boarders were lucky.
Indeed, it was the one print I really wanted. :D I also decided to get Carlos's B&W Strontium Dog variant as well (to complement my '1977-2017' Dredd print):

Books & Comics / Re: The PARAGON comic thread
« Last post by Daveycandlish on 18 November, 2017, 09:09:17 pm »
Cheers Bolt - and there's even more Jikan adventures in this issue, also written by Mark Howard

The time-travelling, demon-hunting samurai begins a three part adventure, Broken Window, illustrated by Ross Bamfylde

« Last post by Richard on 18 November, 2017, 09:01:46 pm »
I don't see why we'd need an explanation for Revere. Indigo Prime recruits dead people as its agents and gives them new bodies. They recruited Revere. What else do you need to know?
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 18 November, 2017, 08:14:22 pm »
Nerve Centre -- Woah!?? What's this week's Damage Report on about?  Could it be a sly hint that Rebellion are doing a high-quality digitisation of the full 2000 AD archive?  If so, I'd gleefully pay a subscription for that.  Sign me up now.  Where do I send my bank details?

Its a reference to the new coloured edition of Halo Jones that's coming out, probably.

That was defo my reading of it. Which is a shame cos yours got me all excited A.Cow.

Anyway to matters Proggy and while this weeks ain't quite up to the level of late weeks its not bad at all.

Dredd leds us off with an action packed turn in this arc as my enemy's enemy becomes my friend I assume... will it it be his enemy's enemy that became his friend? ... I think one of Dredd's enemys is about to become his friend... mind knowing Joe he'll just take them both down.... fun stuff.

All credit to Pat Mills last week in Slaine he convinced me that the twist I'd seen coming a while ago had happened. This week he flipped me the bird and the teist is  the twist wasn't actually the twist at all and his twist was to untwist his twist, the tricky little might. I quite enjoyed being led down a merry path by Uncle Pat... which sounds worse than it was come to think of it.

Absalom is still excellent.

The new 3riller has a decent start but it has a fundamental problem. It s pseudo-Elizabethain heiat caper which could be great fun bit there's no jeopardy. Its all set up and we have a few characters dropped nicely into place and the heist has started swimmingly... and that's it. I mean I'm sure there's more to come but this week no sense of threat or danger and nothing to keep me on tender hooks awaiting next week.

Same with Indigo Prime EXCEPT there is bloody plenty of tension and danger BUT there's no bloody point waiting for next week as its on a break. DAMNIT. Damn you Lee Carter (I'm guessing here so excuse my ill informed lashing out!) and your painstakingly lovely art... or whatever is causing the delay in getting this out... but Jez it leaves with a glorious bang and for all my misgivings and nerves when this started I can't wait for this to be back (when hopefully we will havbe it explained specifically why Revere is back and its not just a gimmick.)

Anyway - very good Proggage.
General / Re: No October Art Comp?
« Last post by Tjm86 on 18 November, 2017, 07:36:26 pm »
It is a lot quieter to be sure but I would still say it is one of the more friendly places around.  Folks in these parts are far more accepting of alternative views and mistakes, more willing to engage with different perspectives critically and generally quite restrained in their language.  That said, there seem to be one or two red button topics that require mod intervention but they seem to be quite rare.
General / Re: No October Art Comp?
« Last post by Albion on 18 November, 2017, 07:28:49 pm »
I believe it's down to the reduced interest in the competitions themselves.

I’m thinking it’s that too and I think that is because the forum has a lot less posts than it used to and it’s slowly dying for various reasons. This forum used to be a fun, friendly place but over the last few years not so much. Reduced interest in the forum itself is the real reason in my opinion.
I visit a lot less than I used to and mostly just for the art competition.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by Jade Falcon on 18 November, 2017, 06:00:56 pm »
From memory there were 2 floppies worth of material- so approx 110 pages. I'd have to dig 'em out to check what issues of the Meg they were with, though.

So last post in this thread on this topic, is there any legit way of getting the rest as Back in Action ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger?  As a further question, It seem to be true in Rogue Trooper we won't get the Dogs Trooper Intergalactic Hitman stuff that was a bit...off. However I liked the darker Rogue we got in the Realpolitik trade, will we get any of that?
« Last post by Woolly on 18 November, 2017, 05:54:21 pm »

Film & TV / Re: Justice League 2017
« Last post by Robin Low on 18 November, 2017, 05:50:45 pm »
Having skipped BvS, this was my first encounter with Affleck’s Wayne/Batman, and he’s fine.

I had the good fortune not to see BvS at the cinema, but instead eventually watched the extended version on disc. Like the few others I've spoken too in the same position, I quite enjoyed it - possibly the benefit of extremely low expectations (I was a bit disappointed by WW for the opposite reason). However, one thing that came out of it for me is that Ben Affleck is my favourite Batman and my favourite Bruce Wayne by far. An absolute thug of a man.

(I still like Michael Keaton, although the awe I felt as a 19 year old watching Batman has long since evaporated.)

Regards,

Robin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10