Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Zenith returns in Prog 2050!
« Last post by Dash Decent on Today at 01:58:09 pm »
Good creators can produce a great story about a dud character, but the reverse is never true.

Dud characters can never produce a great story about good creators?  I'd have to agree!
Announcements / Re: 3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release
« Last post by ming on Today at 01:44:35 pm »
Picking up mine tomorrow with a bit of luck - can't wait!
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 01:40:58 pm »
Shakara not having the other half of the story would have been an odd decision, given that it's finite. (Getting only a bit of Stickleback and Kingdom is irksome, but there's at least the chance of an extension.)

I think so, the only difference between my list and IndigoPrime's is he has four books for Invasion/Savage and I don't recall that being confirmed at all?
You're right. I just checked Facebook, and someone confirms both Invasion and Savage are included, but not how many books we'll get. So that's a minimum of 2. As far as I can tell, 73 volumes have been confirmed now, and three/four characters, too. Here's my current list, which makes 80:

CONFIRMED
ABC Warriors: 6
Ace Trucking: 2
Ampney Crucis: 1
Bad Company: 2
Caballistics: 2
Future Shocks: 2
Halo Jones: 1
Hewligan/Sooner: 1
Judge Dredd: 3
Kingdom: 2
Meltdown Man: 1
Nemesis: 4
Nikolai Dante [complete]: 9
Robo-Hunter: 3
Rogue Trooper: 5
Shakara [complete]: 2
Sláine: 13
Skizz/DR & Qunich: 1
Sinister Dexter: 3
Strontium Dog [no Starlord]: 10

NUMBERS UNKNOWN
Durham Red: 1
Savage/Invasion!: 4
Stickleback: 1
Zombo: 1

With the above, Durham Red may or may not be a standalone. (I'd argue it would be odd if it's part of the Strontium Dog books. It's a different series, in the way ABC Warriors is not Nemesis the Warlock.)
News / Re: Zenith returns in Prog 2050!
« Last post by Arkwright99 on Today at 01:30:41 pm »
I agree that something's gone from (Yeowell's) art by Phase IV, but I blame that on having to alter his style for The Invisibles.

Nobody google that to make sure the chronology checks out. Trust me, it's fine.
There's a lot to like in Yeowell's art, even if Phase III is the *ahem* zenith of his career but I confess I never got on with Steve's work in 'The Red Seas'; it was too 'open', had too much white space, and whenever I looked at it the lines just slid off the page. Like the bottom four panels in the page below, I find my eye doesn't know where to focus and I lose the sense of narrative:

Doubtless it's just me but I feel had 'The Red Seas' been a coloured strip, a la Phase IV, I would have enjoyed it more.  :-\

But I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the recent Milligan/Dayglo 'Bad Company' strip. Some thing's are better left in the drawer.  :(
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by Smith on Today at 01:25:55 pm »
And I thought you cant buy fertilizer without FBI busting down your door...
Events / Re: Thought Bubble 2017 - 23rd and 24th September 2017.
« Last post by Bhuna on Today at 01:06:46 pm »
I have a spare ticket for the Juve Cube party on Friday night if anyone's interested?
Announcements / Re: 3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release
« Last post by Pete Wells on Today at 01:05:21 pm »
Good to see yours got through ok Pete :) Did they come in one big box or singles?

Hey Toon! I ordered one from 3A and the other from ID Toys (I’m sure Matthew from ID got his 1/12 Dredd’s before the 3A lot so I wasn’t taking any chances this time!)

Sorry to hear you got stung my friend! Makes a change from it being me!
« Last post by Arkady on Today at 12:48:24 pm »
Shakara and Kingdom will both have a second volume - confirmed on Twitter.

Good stuff.  That guarantees them a sale of those four books to me, instead of none.

Pleases me too. Woukd have felt weird to have the first half in the Collection and have to get the rest in a soft cover trade. Maybe that's just me being OCD, but it would have grated.

Shout-out for Cannon Fodder being the 80th volume!
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 12:44:02 pm »
Shakara and Kingdom will both have a second volume - confirmed on Twitter.

Good stuff.  That guarantees them a sale of those four books to me, instead of none.
« Last post by Tomwe on Today at 12:43:01 pm »
Is that 79 confirmed volumes so far?

I think so, the only difference between my list and IndigoPrime's is he has four books for Invasion/Savage and I don't recall that being confirmed at all?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10