Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 04:30:08 pm »
General / Re: Things that went over your head...
« Last post by positronic on Today at 03:56:37 pm »
There's a scene in one of the stories where Johnny talks about how expensive those Time Bombs are -- just ONE of them would be far more expensive than an average bounty he could collect, so he can really only afford them when the bounty he's after is a huge payday for him, and he's already got the scratch to invest in equipment. You get the impression he's only got them with him for special high-paying tricky jobs.
General / Re: MAY ART COMP - NIKOLAI DANTE
« Last post by CrazyFoxMachine on Today at 03:28:10 pm »
Alan Byrom - Nikolai and Jena

« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 03:26:52 pm »
No-one had any equipment in the Lyran dimension - other than a skateboard and Johnny's last scraps - so it would probably have to have used the Doghouse time machine, which was destroyed. Based on later events, a carefully-set timebomb should get you there, but you have the problem of how to programme co-ordinates for a mystical dimension - and the paradoxical issues of taking a trip to prevent a death which caused your trip. Note that all Johnny's timejobs are by way of retributive justice or fixing a problem caused by time travel, never prevention of an event that has already occurred.

Plus the Moses Incident sets a precedent for not using t-weapins to undo a death.
General / Re: Judge Dredd RPG 1985
« Last post by Lobo Baggins on Today at 03:05:07 pm »
Now that is confusing - I see the non-RPG Block Mania and Mega-Mania peeping through at the back there, but there's a whole load more progs than I'd expect, especially as the none/hardly any of them contain the Tomb of Terror (the closest to RPGs 2000AD itself ever got, unless you count the gamebook style Dredd story from a few years back).  Really looking forward to this podcast now (not that I wasn't before).  All the more as some of the progs you have there are the very first progs I ever saw.

They contain the stories that I used to introduce the non-scrot members of my roleplaying group to the world of Mega-City One.
Film & TV / Re: Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 02:47:26 pm »
I certainly hope there are less priests in tonight's episode.  It's not that I have anything against priests, it's just that the show was better without priests.  I'm worried about the pro-priest agenda being promoted by the bbc, which is clearly an attempt at brainwashing our children.  I mean, there were hardly any priests in older shows, and I didn't have any issue with that.  Priest on tv are okay, but do we really need as many of them in family shows?

But the priests there were were significant...

Classifieds / Re: Massive Clearout
« Last post by hippynumber1 on Today at 02:31:19 pm »
"Steed & Mrs Peel" by Grant Morrison and Ian Gibson http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282495915663
« Last post by Jacqusie on Today at 02:26:35 pm »
I know this has been mooted before, but at the time I never thought of it.

When Johnny Alpha got killed by the big flying thingy - why did no-one use the old time bomb or such device to sort the situation. I know it wasn't as simple as that, but time tricks have been used all over the early SD stories...

Still we have a reanimated Johnny now, which still feels rather ... odd
Prog / Re: Prog 2033: I am the resurrection
« Last post by Jacqusie on Today at 02:23:09 pm »

Great cover - really like Paul Davidson's stylised work - bold and powerfull layouts. Loving the green 2000ad logo too - if only it were bigger  ;)
General / Re: Judge Dredd RPG 1985
« Last post by positronic on Today at 02:15:17 pm »
I'm not sure what's in those progs that has to do with the Games Workshop Judge Dredd RPG? Other than, one would assume, some GW-related adverts?

Unrelated to Games Workshop, but from around the same time (when gaming seemed to be the next big thing, I guess), you should also talk about DICE MAN.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10