Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu101

Oh man there's some great work on there! If I had money and space I'd be looking to get some classic Dredd pages... but alas I don't.  :(

Spikes

A few bits that I got from that there Cardiff.

Dredd by Dylan Teague.

Savage Book 10: The Marze Murderer - Part 1 by Patrick Goddard.

And Judge Dredd Day of Chaos: Eve of Destruction - Part 1 by Henry Flint. (Thanks to Wiggz for arranging this one)

Bolt-01

Dylan just gets better, doesn't he? That is a stunning study of Dredd.

Thanks for sharing.

Link Prime

All great Iain.
I'm a big fan of the underrated Goddard Droid-that's a well chosen piece.

Dandontdare

Three top pieces there Spikes. I know the price of pages goes up if it shows the main character and depends on what theyre doing, so Bil Savage + Volg cannon-fodder + shootah has got to be a top pick! And that Dredd page is amazing - it tells so much of the story of DoC in one wordless page: dead guy > Dredd > microscope > bugs > oh stomm

Spikes

Patrick had a pile of original art pages THAT thick, at the Cardiff con, which was brilliant, because he was one of the droids I never got chance to meet at the 40th bash. Been hoping to snag a nice representative example of his work for some time, and I couldn't quite believe that such a page was still available. Definitely struck lucky.

As for price; Nowhere near as much as you might think. Patrick's pricing at Cardiff was very reasonable to say the least.

Those looking to snag a page by him - and who wouldn't, can do what others have done, and contact him via Facebook. And he also sells his art on eBay from time to time as well.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Spikes on 13 July, 2017, 12:39:06 AM
And he also sells his art on eBay from time to time as well.

For insanely good value too. I got a Sinister Dexter page which should be somewhere down thread for just silly good money. I might well double dip sometime when I'm playing again.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 July, 2017, 09:58:33 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 13 July, 2017, 12:39:06 AM
And he also sells his art on eBay from time to time as well.

For insanely good value too. I got a Sinister Dexter page which should be somewhere down thread for just silly good money.

Spot on lads, I've picked up a few gorgeous pages from him too (Dredd & Aquila).
Prices were simply unbelievable.

CalHab

Eamonn Clarke

Arrived today from Mr Flint himself via Wiggz in the classifed. £112 including recorded delivery.

Zomb-tastic!

jabish

So I popped my original art cherry. Bit of an impulse buy but Finger of Suspicion is one of me favourite Dredd one offs by one of me favourite Dredd artists and to own it all is a terrific buzz and its just beautiful. Cam's such an amazing storyteller its possible to follow the story no problem without the balloons. But of course the script is glorious on this one too.

Thanks a mill to Mark for sorting it. Tons more beautiful work at https://www.kennywho.co.uk.

Delighted  :D

Bolt-01

Extremely Impressed. I imagine owning the whole strip greatly increases the collectability.

ming

Fantastic stuff - that's a great, great way to pop your art cherry!  Definitely a story that deserves (and needs) to be kept together (I considered picking it up from Cam years ago but then he found some covers :o).  Finger of Suspicion is an absolute gem of a story - will have a re-read later if I can dig out the Progs.

Geoff

Judge Dredd, by Cam Kennedy and a whole episode to boot!  What a superb first purchase. 

Welcome to the joys (and the heartache) of art collecting. Unless you have a will of iron...this is just the beginning..