Main Menu

Judge Dredd Mega Collection extension suggestions

Started by Trent, 11 November, 2016, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: robert_ellis on 08 August, 2017, 10:49:26 PM
So I know with all the excitement of the 2000ad Ultimate collection the extension of the MegaCollection seems a bit old hat. Do we think the extension will favour Dredd-world (more Anderson - she doesn't feature on the 2000ad spine) or more of the main strip? I can't really justify buying both series so I'm hoping we get some more great stuff here. I'd really like to see Graveyard Shift reprinted as the blueprint for Modern Dredd.

I'm hoping for some modern Dredd, like Enceladus or Every Empire Falls, with a bit more Dredd-world. The Ultimate collection is likely going to favour pure Dredd rather than connected characters, so the extension is the best place for peripheral series to go, I think.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 09 August, 2017, 06:24:21 AM
Quote from: robert_ellis on 08 August, 2017, 10:49:26 PM
So I know with all the excitement of the 2000ad Ultimate collection the extension of the MegaCollection seems a bit old hat. Do we think the extension will favour Dredd-world (more Anderson - she doesn't feature on the 2000ad spine) or more of the main strip? I can't really justify buying both series so I'm hoping we get some more great stuff here. I'd really like to see Graveyard Shift reprinted as the blueprint for Modern Dredd.

I'm hoping for some modern Dredd, like Enceladus or Every Empire Falls, with a bit more Dredd-world. The Ultimate collection is likely going to favour pure Dredd rather than connected characters, so the extension is the best place for peripheral series to go, I think.

I agree, I think the Ultimate Collection will feature "Dredd 101" stories that stand up on their own without linking to too much ongoing continuity. The Graveyard Shift is a great standalone story so this could feature in either collection I think.

abelardsnazz

Just listened to the latest Thrill-cast and there's some revelations from Tharg on there as to what will be included in the MC extension - I won't put any spoilers to give people a chance to listen.

davidbishop

Since there's the occasional barrel scraper in the Mega-Collection, I vote for a volume of dodgy Dredd spin-offs that purport to be funny [a.k.a. the collected Dreddworld scripts by that dunderheid David Bishop]...

Soul Sisters & The Straitjacket Fits in one mighty tome!

...I'll get me coat.

Klegg Bait

Since I only collect some of these issues, to get stories that don't (or won't) feature in the current lineup of collected series (Case Files, Anderson, etc.), then more Dredd-world means I'll be happier buying them.

teckno viking

I would still love to see a compilation of "FALLEN" Judges. Some of the notable Judges Long Walks, Deaths etc.

How about Issue 90 Just being ART?  The Art of Every Cover but Full colour/ Plus some specials from the artists as exclusives too in Issue 90?

The 2nd tale of the Werewolves & first too as not told yet in the Mega collection?

City of the Damned (think its coming later this year or early next)?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: teckno viking on 25 September, 2017, 11:42:22 AM
I would still love to see a compilation of "FALLEN" Judges. Some of the notable Judges Long Walks, Deaths etc.

How about Issue 90 Just being ART?  The Art of Every Cover but Full colour/ Plus some specials from the artists as exclusives too in Issue 90?

The 2nd tale of the Werewolves & first too as not told yet in the Mega collection?

We still don't know what one of the issues before 80 will be, could this be long walk/rogue judge themed?

Cry of the Werewolf is in issue 73, Famous Monsters, and City of the Damned in issue 74, Krysler's Mark, out October 25th & November 8th respectively.

teckno viking

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 September, 2017, 12:42:11 PM

We still don't know what one of the issues before 80 will be, could this be long walk/rogue judge themed?

Cry of the Werewolf is in issue 73, Famous Monsters, and City of the Damned in issue 74, Krysler's Mark, out October 25th & November 8th respectively.

Thanks abelardsnazz for the heads up & cannot wait for those issues to land now even moreso. Did love the Werewolf and CofD stories.
Plus great news possibly getting Long Walk/Rogues.

Now will they cover one of my Fav JIMP stories. Title I forget but the ex Actor who portrays a Judge (Highly trained due to the show being Justice Depth Authroised). That was a Nice 2 or 3 parter story.

Tjm86

Aside from the fact that an awful lot of the covers have already been included in the collection, it would be hard to top "The Art of Judge Dredd".  Love the idea of a gallery edition though.  Perhaps as part of an index volume?  Help readers find the damn stories?  Come on Mr Molcher, it would be dead cheap too!  What's not to like?

teckno viking

Quote from: Tjm86 on 25 September, 2017, 02:11:40 PM

Aside from the fact that an awful lot of the covers have already been included in the collection, it would be hard to top "The Art of Judge Dredd".  Love the idea of a gallery edition though.  Perhaps as part of an index volume?  Help readers find the damn stories?  Come on Mr Molcher, it would be dead cheap too!  What's not to like?

I love the Art of Judge Dredd but come on, always New Great Art coming out, so maybe see that?

Though Drokkin A I like the Index volume. That Would Be an Added help indeed :D

robert_ellis

Index! Index! Index! Please take my money! I'd love an index!

Tjm86

Quote from: teckno viking on 25 September, 2017, 02:20:17 PM

I love the Art of Judge Dredd but come on, always New Great Art coming out, so maybe see that?

Fair point.  Scary how long it's been since AOJD was published (2012!!!!).  Perhaps intersperse the index volume with cover art that hasn't already been included in the collection to date?

James Stacey

Has anyone mentioned an index. They should totally do an index.

Magnetica

I don't get the requests for an index. The excellent Wikipedia page tells you what all the books are, what issue number, what volume number and what the stories are.

Personally I don't see the need for more than that.

James Stacey

I can probably get most of the stories digitally too if I want but thats not the point of the collection