Main Menu

The Lawgiver Pistol

Started by The dude, 05 January, 2017, 01:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I think when Trout said you should read more Dredd comics he should've clarified something about the IDW ones.
With those, you should only read the ones done by the known Dredd creative teams, otherwise you may not be rewarded at all.
By the way, welcome to the friendliest place on the web.........most of the time  :lol:

The dude

Please grow up you pedantic child

Frank

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 05 January, 2017, 09:16:44 PM
I think the present (Lawgiver) is too chunky. It was likely changed as the new one was easier to draw.

For most of the nineties, the Big Fucking Gun was in vogue. The philosopher Simon Bisley once postulated that the reason Dredd never caught on in the US was that he had a puny little gun.

At the time the new version was introduced [1], I thought it was being changed to more closely resemble the Stallone gun, but that only really applies to the black casing, red LED, and front elevation.

Dark Justice's introduction of the mkIII only seems to have been cover for Greg Staples incorporating the LED from the 2012 film (and to explain why it jams). That seems strange, considering Carlos uses a different design to everyone else.

[1] 1122, Gun Crazy, by Wagner & Parente, 1998

Trout

Quote from: The dude on 05 January, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
Trout I have read them for 40 years on and off matey. More on! Some are excellent some are pretty poor. Thank you for the spell correct reference tidbits, my thumbs are too big for my iPhone!!!!!!!!  Your rather condescending tone is petty

Sorry, I thought you were newer to the comic than that. Perhaps I am coming across poorly. Let's move on, and avoid getting into an argument.

JOE SOAP

A thick black death-dildo with a hump and a handle is all that was ever needed.

The dude

Trout, fair enough my friend.

The dude

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 January, 2017, 10:18:07 PM
I think when Trout said you should read more Dredd comics he should've clarified something about the IDW ones.
With those, you should only read the ones done by the known Dredd creative teams, otherwise you may not be rewarded at all.
By the way, welcome to the friendliest place on the web.........most of the time  :lol:

Thank you man. By the way I like your podcasts on YouTube. Some good stuff. You should do more figure reviews. Have you checked out the forthcoming Xensation Stallone Dredd?

COMMANDO FORCES

I paid for that Stallone figure once it became known. Looks pretty good, although the chain is longer than in the film but apart from that, it looks spot on.
No idea when it'll turn up but it seems the average for this size is a year.

The dude

It should be released next month. I have ordered two as it is apparent they are in high demand.

PlanetReplicas

Mk2 Image by Judge Minty Director and all round good guy Steve Sterlacchini

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

PlanetReplicas

And an early Mk1. I guess these are about as canon as people refer back to, but as people have mentioned its often changed in order to be a plot device...

Hope these help fill in the blanks - welcome to the forum ;-)
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

The dude

Quote from: PlanetReplicas on 10 January, 2017, 09:44:31 AM
Mk2 Image by Judge Minty Director and all round good guy Steve Sterlacchini

Excellent diagrams and layout. That pits that question to rest for the Mark 2 in my opinion. Thank you matey

TordelBack

Quote from: The dude on 10 January, 2017, 11:21:52 AM
Excellent diagrams and layout. That pits that question to rest for the Mark 2 in my opinion. Thank you matey

Truly beautiful and ingenious though it is, hardly any of that has ever even been hinted at it the strip. It's every bit as valid as anything one might doodle during a boring meeting/maths class.  Which is very much the point with these things.

Steve Green

Yeah, it was just a bit of fun done for Judge Minty.

The whole long walk thing doesn't really make much sense beyond the ceremony - in the strip he goes off without helmet or any supplies.

We at least gave him a hat and a bag of stuff.

Seem to recall discussions - I think with Michael Carroll about whether there are resupply points in the Cursed Earth, but this was all background stuff which crossed our mind when expanding it and working out how it could work.

The dude

Having a background In and around firearms I must admit it looks beautiful, even though the tech involved would be so convoluted and near impossible to make work. I wish they released that as a poster instead of the poor quality Termight one