Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 March, 2018, 05:38:57 PM
Do we know if we're getting Roadhouse and the Tax Inspector stories,  or indeed Life and Death?  I've got a bad Stront hunger after this one.

Life and Death is indeed confirmed as incoming - cannot wait to read the whole of that saga under one cover!

Really intrigued on your thoughts of Glum Affair, as that was one of my least-favourite Stronts to date reading it week-by-week, and its inclusion here (at the expense of Roadhouse or Tax Dodge) a big part of the reason for my skipping this volume. Now I'm reconsidering...
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 22 March, 2018, 12:55:43 PM
Enjoying SD: TTHK. Think I like the Mork Whisperer most, as although I was used to Wulf being the commentator on Johnny's moral compass, it was great to see Middenface and the gang. Is this story set after Wulf's death?

Since all 3 SD Agent Stix Bros are alive, it's before the Schicklegruber grab, I think I had it pegged as shortly before the Ragnarok Job as well, although it could also be in the gap where Johnny has Sniffer Martinez as a partner but after he has met Wulf (Starlord story) - yeah I know it's all strip in development...

Arkady

Still no books or money taken. Getting a bit grumpy now.

James Stacey

I phoned up today and was assured a delivery was going out friday. No payments been taken or books delivered since start of Feb, (12 was my last delivery and 16 is in the shops)
No similar issues with the JD collection though, the latest of which came through today

moldovangerbil

I was told on the 19th March that they were sending out issues 15 and 16 and to allow 7-14 days for delivery.  Assuming what I was told was the truth then I'm expecting them to turn up some time this week.

Bizarrely, on friendface there still hasn't been any kind of official comment about this, but whenever anyone asks about them they get asked to PM their details so they can look into it.  I really can't get my head round why they don't just stick a post up apologising and letting people know what they're doing to fix it.  Why piss off your subscribers?

Tomwe

Quote from: James Stacey on 26 March, 2018, 01:33:13 PM
I phoned up today and was assured a delivery was going out friday. No payments been taken or books delivered since start of Feb, (12 was my last delivery and 16 is in the shops)
No similar issues with the JD collection though, the latest of which came through today
Of course, this Friday will be 28 days since the March dispatch would have gone ahead, so we are officially a month behind now.

Tomwe

...and I have just had a reply on FB confirming future dispatches will slide accordingly.

IndigoPrime

Tell them that's not acceptable and if they need to bill twice within a month, they should do so. No point subscribing if you get the books long after they've been in the shops.

Michael Knight

This is farcical. Their phone line is unbelievable. Helpful staff when you can make out what they are saying due to bad connection. Subscribing and getting books after they out in shop is unacceptable. What a shoddy way to treat customers.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Michael Knight on 27 March, 2018, 12:31:39 AM
This is farcical. Their phone line is unbelievable. Helpful staff when you can make out what they are saying due to bad connection. Subscribing and getting books after they out in shop is unacceptable. What a shoddy way to treat customers.

That's Hachette for you.
On the flipside, Eaglemoss' customer service is based in this country, has clear phone lines, and excellent staff. Dealing with the two companies could not be more different in my opinion.

James Stacey

I look forward to being reminded every week on the back of 2000ad I'm weeks behind because I subscribe.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 March, 2018, 08:43:10 PM
Tell them that's not acceptable and if they need to bill twice within a month, they should do so. No point subscribing if you get the books long after they've been in the shops.
Will you be doing this? I have my doubts if it will work. I understand you and some others managed to catch up on the JDMC by double-shipping but we are all already at the 'front' of the subscriber queue.

Mattofthespurs

Can't say it bothers me unduly.
They come when they come. I read them, it's all stuff I've read before, and they go on the shelf.

abelardsnazz

Nemesis vol. 3 has Torquemada the God, Books 7-9, the photo-story from Prog 534 but not the one from the sci-fi special, Shape of Things to Come and Bride of the Warlock. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Southstreeter

Wondering what that leaves for Nemesis vol 4. That Hammer of Warlocks interlude, Nem v Deadlock, Book 10 and the recent anniversary one off? Would that fill a whole book?