Main Menu

Quickest way you could ruin your life...

Started by auxlen, 01 June, 2018, 08:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxlen

TordelBack

Sign a Joint and Several Guarantee for a Company Overdraft facility with a business partner who doesn't believe in paying the Revenue.

Just say "No!", kids!

von Boom

Have your photo taken with Donald Trump. Or Boris Johnson.

auxlen

I was writing a short story about two people discussing what they could do...they concluded that saying something sexual to a child in front of witnesses would be the most effective way of ruining one's life.
Then one dared the other to do just that and all manner of misery followed.

However, having photo taken with Trump is a close second....

Zenith 666

Professor Bear

Pursue a career as a comics artist.  That seems to be quite effective.

Quote from: auxlen on 01 June, 2018, 10:12:29 PM
I was writing a short story about two people discussing what they could do...they concluded that saying something sexual to a child in front of witnesses would be the most effective way of ruining one's life.

The @EverydaySexism Twitter feed used to be nothing but women recounting their experiences of how they or their daughters were molested on the streets or on public transport, and the idea of women-only train carriages as a response to counter this got more negative press coverage than any of those women's stories.

auxlen

Quotehe @EverydaySexism Twitter feed used to be nothing but women recounting their experiences of how they or their daughters were molested on the streets or on public transport, and the idea of women-only train carriages as a response to counter this got more negative press coverage than any of those women's stories.

Hey, thanks for that....gave me an idea for a re-write.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

auxlen

Quote.... train as a teacher.

I have a few friends who will agree with this...

Funt Solo

Quote.... train as a teacher.

Yes, you should only become a teacher without any training.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

Quote from: Funt Solo on 05 June, 2018, 10:31:11 PM
Yes, you should only become a teacher without any training.

Well, according to Mr Gove that is an accurate statement.

Let's face it, you can run the country without any training.  That never .... went .... badly ....

Ah, okay.

auxlen

I worked in IT for 10 years at a telecommunication company. I took a few PTTLLS courses and thought I would go for a proper teaching qual. they advised they were crying out for teachers with PC skills and 'real world employment experience'.; I went to an open day and they told me I was wrong for the job because I lacked the academic background for the theory of teaching. go figure.

von Boom

Similar situation for me. At the time I finished my undergrad (BSc. Hons) there was a cry for science and maths teachers, but when I went for the interview they told me they had too many history and English graduates applying and I wouldn't be considered.

Tjm86

sorry, they had too many history and english graduates applying for STEM?