Main Menu

Brett Ewins hospitalised by police

Started by CraveNoir, 17 January, 2012, 05:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Many thanks for all your efforts on our behalf, Emperor.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Adrian Bamforth

I hope noone would think it bad taste, but when a member of Parliament makes a statement that the new Johnny Nemo collection is out later this year, and that he wishes to thank the Mighty Emperor, we really are through the looking-glass.

Emperor

LOL, indeed. Although Steve has been called "Ealing North's tattooed bruiser" by Private Eye so he isn't your average politician. Now if I could get David Cameron to curse my name during PMQs... ;)

Quote from: Temponaut on 01 April, 2012, 08:50:42 PM
Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, the rules on what can be sent to Scrubs are pretty restrictive: stationary and stamps, religious jewellery/wedding ring, washcloths & towels, or postal orders.   if Brett is spending his time writing, maybe stationary would be appropriate.

Yes there are strict limits on what can be sent and I assume his friends and family have most of his needs covered. It'd be best to wait to hear back from the family.

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 April, 2012, 06:20:59 PM
Amazing and excellent news - Has anyone had a look at those sending guidelines - would they accept the inevitable Mark Howard Thank You Brett tribute comic?

Sharky is a little burnt out from sorting out two of these on the run but if anyone is interested in helming another one then speak up - there is plenty of material out there (linked above) I'm sure we scoop up so part of the work is already done and sharky will, I'm sure, be happy to lend his expertise and advice (and I'm sure we can rummage up the contacts to get some other droids interested). It is just that the restrictions might it might have to wait until he is out, so it might have to wait a bit.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Trout

Pah! My local MP's been on Top of the Pops!  :lol:

Best wishes to Brett, though. I was very pleased to hear things have improved a little. Here's hoping he's out soon.

- Trout

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Emperor on 01 April, 2012, 11:48:08 PM

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 April, 2012, 06:20:59 PM
Amazing and excellent news - Has anyone had a look at those sending guidelines - would they accept the inevitable Mark Howard Thank You Brett tribute comic?

Sharky is a little burnt out from sorting out two of these on the run but if anyone is interested in helming another one then speak up - there is plenty of material out there (linked above) I'm sure we scoop up so part of the work is already done and sharky will, I'm sure, be happy to lend his expertise and advice (and I'm sure we can rummage up the contacts to get some other droids interested). It is just that the restrictions might it might have to wait until he is out, so it might have to wait a bit.

I'd be happy to help with a third project if that's what everyone wants.

However, this one's a different kettle of fish and may get a lot of publicity and interest, which is partly why I've been reticent to kick it off. One of my biggest fears, given the heavyweight tributes that have already been created, is that this will be turned into some kind of "charity comic" sold to raise money for this charity or that - and I really don't want that. If I'm to be involved then must be under the same basic idea as the last two - just one hard copy from the fans to the recipient, something personal and unique.

Another thing is that I can't depend on my printer to do this job cheap as he has in the past because he's a friend - this project may well run to a hundred pages given the publicity Brett's plight has already got, so I'd need someone else to take on the task of printing the One Copy as professionally as possible.

As it's a bigger and more prominent project we'd need it to look right - and whilst my meagre graphic design skills have been adequate for what's been needed up to now I feel that a more professional touch may be needed this time around, so there's that.

There's also the question of contacting Brett's family and running everything by them before the printing's done.

I'd also need someone to to the publicity - contacting prospective contributors whilst trying to keep it as quiet as possible to save ruining the surprise.

I'm more than willing to act in an editorial role or an advisory role or even simply as a contributor but I have to admit that this is one project I don't think I can handle on my own.

If there's an appetite to move forward with this then I propose we form a virtual committee (we are British, after all!) and take it from there.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Judo

Thanks for the info and very happy to hear he is (as) well (as possible). I hope all the best for Brett at his hearing (and wedding!) x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 April, 2012, 12:21:50 AM
However, this one's a different kettle of fish and may get a lot of publicity and interest, which is partly why I've been reticent to kick it off. One of my biggest fears, given the heavyweight tributes that have already been created, is that this will be turned into some kind of "charity comic" sold to raise money for this charity or that - and I really don't want that. If I'm to be involved then must be under the same basic idea as the last two - just one hard copy from the fans to the recipient, something personal and unique.

Another thing is that I can't depend on my printer to do this job cheap as he has in the past because he's a friend - this project may well run to a hundred pages given the publicity Brett's plight has already got, so I'd need someone else to take on the task of printing the One Copy as professionally as possible.

Surely people would understand that if you just told them "there will be one hard copy, one only and it's for Brett" is easy to understand - and in terms of professional printing UKomics can turn out something lovely looking for relatively little and I, for one, would be happy to contribute pennies for a single polished issue.

[Emp edit: fixing quotes]

Proudhuff

Good to hear things are improving, Lolfox gave us this news at Hi-Ex.

oh, and remember this MP next time your cursing politicans, there are a few decent ones.
DDT did a job on me

Emperor

The news has percolated through to the Ealing Gazette:

www.ealinggazette.co.uk/ealing-news/local-ealing-news/2012/04/02/mp-pound-visits-judge-dredd-artist-in-jail-64767-30678381/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

TordelBack

Just saw this, well done Emperor, and well done Steve Pound.  Hope things continue to improve.

Adrian Bamforth

On a side issue, I thought 'Black Freighter' comics as mentioned in Stephen Pound's update was only a name for pirate comics used only within Watchmen.

I can't imagine what Pound was thinking by choosing this moment to announce Brett's engagement to "an international singing star"... it's almost goading the tabloids to get involved.

WhitBloke

Fingers crossed for his bail hearing.  It's this week, isn't it?  On the 2nd, it was reported as being a fortnight away so that's got to be around about now-ish.
Has anybody heard anything?
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Emperor

Steve Pound just sent me an update.

He appeared in court, pled not guilty, the trail date was set for 6th.June and he was remanded in custody until then - which is a bit of a blow.

So some news, none of it good I'm afraid.

I'll see if Steve wants a lengthier statement released but that is the meat of it.

Judge MANSON

Damn... He could have been released for his trial. He is no more a danger for someone else or for himself.

I hope that the sentence will be at its maximum a general collectivity working hours punishment and nothing more.

I know what it is when you "lose" your mind in a violent nervous breakdown crisis: I suffer from this.

In my personal case, if I was implied in a such affair, I would have pled guilty with this arrangement of general collectivity working hours and public excuses to the hurt Policemen.

I think that this punishment would be a strong benefit therapy for my mental disease. But it is me. I am not  Brett Ewins.

May he finds at last some peace in his tired mind. Because, believe me, perps, it is a really tiring disease...
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

Dog Deever

If there is a plan on doing a comic for him- I'm more than willing to contribute some art.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.