Main Menu

Prog 1770: Judgement from on High!

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 11 February, 2012, 08:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 February, 2012, 01:11:36 PM
Ah Goaty lad, SPOILERS please!  The images come up in my 'new posts' view, whether I'm ready to read the thread or not (which I'm not)!  I'm normally pretty liberal about this stuff, but this Dante is too precious to risk...

Sorry TordelBack! But it brilliant spread! You shouldn't open Spoiler posts! ;)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goaty on 15 February, 2012, 01:24:48 PM
You shouldn't open Spoiler posts! ;)

He didn't, Goaty, that's the point - read it again.

The images come up in my 'new posts' view, whether I'm ready to read the thread or not (which I'm not)!

Likewise I'm glad you're enjoying the strip, Goaty, but could you just hold off on the images? People reading the thread will have either a) already seen it in their prog or b) not got their prog yet, in which case this will be a MA-HOO-SIVE spoiler.
@jamesfeistdraws

Goaty

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 February, 2012, 03:35:58 PM
The images come up in my 'new posts' view, whether I'm ready to read the thread or not (which I'm not)!

Likewise I'm glad you're enjoying the strip, Goaty, but could you just hold off on the images? People reading the thread will have either a) already seen it in their prog or b) not got their prog yet, in which case this will be a MA-HOO-SIVE spoiler.

Oh feck, didnt know we can see everything New Posts views? Didnt aware about that!

Goaty

Well, now that Dante double pages will be my new laptop wallpaper to replace my current wallpaper, funny that was the best Dante wallpaper I first love Dante!

Darren Stephens

Awesome prog this week. Cheered me up no end as I'm stuck at home with lurgy. Dredd kicks ass, Dante, superb. Loved the change of artist on Grey Area, though I loved Richardsons art on the previous installments. All the rest was tops, too.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

I, Cosh

Ah Goaty lad, SPOILERS please!  The images come up in my 'new posts' view, whether I'm ready to read the thread or not (which I'm not)!  I'm normally pretty liberal about this stuff, but this Dante is too precious to risk...
Eh? What "new posts" view is this? Mine just shows the title of the thread.
We never really die.

PreacherCain

By grud that's a stonkingly good prog!

Dredd was excellent. Those Judges raining from the sky were fantastic. Wagner really knows how to just naturally throw some action out of nowhere and make it work.

I'm really liking Grey Area. It acts as a nice reprise from some of the heavier strips in the prog at the moment. It's good, clean fun and has that old-school Thrill vibe to it. Keep 'em coming. I also like how, for a teambook, there's little confusion about who's who. At the same time: no helmets this episode? Art droid error?

Absalom was great. This series has a lot more heft to it than the last one.

As for Nikolai Dante: it's pretty much the most perfect series ever to grace this esteemed comic. You heard me. It's the best series ever in 2000AD.

:D

SmallBlueThing

Didnt like the cover at all, im sorry to say. Looked speedily done, unfinished and with generic 'here are my missing genitals' superhero poses. Does dredd tuck them up inside himself, i wonder? Also joe has a traditional pink heart inside his mouth, which always bugs me for some reason. Other than that, the colours are too muted and the design droid's having an offday with another ugly black bar at the top and a disappearing logo. Grump grump.

Thankfully, the actual strippage inside is of such a high quality, im in danger of crying just attempting to explain. In order of zarjazosity:

Absalom. I could read reams of this. It's what hellblazer and those kind of vertigo comics would be like if they stopped trying to drive the reader to suicide and became entertaining again, and a perfect example of why british comics rock.

Dante: it only comes in second because im spitefully knocking points off for it being near the end, and i dont want it to be. I cheered out loud at the last panel. Yes, it's probably, (cont)

SmallBlueThing

(cont) all things considered, the best and most consistent strip 2000AD has ever run. Tharg better have something pretty damn good lined up to take over.

Dredd: im kind of lost. This seems to have been going on so long now, im imagining an eighties version in black and white, by carlos, wherein everything up til now happens in the first three episodes. That said, it's very good, but one for the trade reread, i reckon.

Stront: lots of talk, but it's all good. Im as curious as everyone else as to who the voice is.

Grey: i love it when strips use different artists, as it reminds me of the old days, and this worked well. Too much swearing, which annoyed me, but it only comes in last because its up against four of the best things in the world! I could happily read lots more of this for a good few series yet.

Next week the anniversary kicks off proper, and im immensely proud to still be reading the best comic ever published, thirty-five years on.

Splundigs!

SBT

Judge MANSON

Grud!!! I still have not received MY Prog!!!!!  >:(

The posties, these perps!!!, will be immediately sentenced to death penalty. I am not in the mood to send them for a lifetime sentence on the Titan penal colony...

Did you have any problems since the Prog shipping with this clear plastic bag?  :-*
It is not the first "lost" and I fear that this new one will no be the final one...  :'(
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Judge Manson on 16 February, 2012, 04:41:35 PM
Did you have any problems since the Prog shipping with this clear plastic bag?  :-*
It is not the first "lost" and I fear that this new one will no be the final one...  :'(
Not lost any but I've had precisely one Saturday delivery since they put it in the bag.
We never really die.

Jared Katooie

One word reviews by Jared!

Cover: Great.

Judge Dredd: Excellent.

Grey Area: Feeble.

Nikolai Dante: Awful.

Absalom: Decent.

Strontium Dog: Marvellous.

DrJomster

You might want to take cover Jared for when the incoming fire kicks off from the Dante Brigade! ;)

Quite like the one word reviews approach. Do you remember when we used to be able to give everything a score? That could have come in handy sometimes! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

I, Cosh

Quote from: DrJomster on 16 February, 2012, 09:27:04 PM
You might want to take cover Jared for when the incoming fire kicks off from the Dante Brigade! ;)

Quite like the one word reviews approach. Do you remember when we used to be able to give everything a score? That could have come in handy sometimes! :)
Pat Mills doesn't.
We never really die.

DrJomster

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 February, 2012, 09:28:33 PM
Quote from: DrJomster on 16 February, 2012, 09:27:04 PM

Pat Mills doesn't.

Well I suppose it could be just a little bit annoying to have months of work reduced to a single word slagging off... So fair point, I suspect! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.