Main Menu

Hi from a complete Newbie

Started by Pure Magic, 03 August, 2012, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pure Magic

I'm a complete Newbie to both this forum and the world of 2000 AD, so go easy on me. :-)

Just posting to introduce myself and say "Hi".

a chosen rider

On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

TordelBack

Welcome, Pure Magic. What brings you to these halls?

Proudhuff

welcome aboard! is that Pure magic in a Weegie way or a Paul Daniels way?  :D
DDT did a job on me

Pure Magic

Pure Magic in a Paul Daniels way I guess. Not sure, I just like the sound of that name.

I recently read the first couple of the Case Files of Dredd and found myself loving it. Since then I've started back reading Strontium Dog and picked up the my first prog:1789. I can't believe it's taken me until my 29th year to discover these wonders. I guess I've got some making up to do.

SmallBlueThing

Welcome, and im very jealous- discovering the prog for the first time, eh? There's loads of friendly advice hereabouts, if 35 years of thrills seems a bit daunting.

SBT

Pure Magic

Yeah, thanks. It is a little daunting.

I suppose my first question is regarding Judge Dredd. How do the two stories from the Judge Dredd Mag & the 2000AD Prog marry up? Do they ever cross over or are they always two separate entities?

COMMANDO FORCES

Hello Pure Magic and welcome aboard  :wave:

Now I would answer your question but seeing as it's Friday I'm about to pop down the chippie for the families fish 'n' chips!

Sod it! They do run at the same time, most of the time and just show Dredd doing different jobs as the city is vast and very busy. A bit like those Billion Batman comics that some people like to read!

There have been major storylines that have run concurrently in both mags. This has happened a couple of times and you see those stories from different angles, which is interesting.

CHIPS!

Pete Wells

Steve Green

Quote from: Pure Magic on 03 August, 2012, 03:44:38 PM

Yeah, thanks. It is a little daunting.

I suppose my first question is regarding Judge Dredd. How do the two stories from the Judge Dredd Mag & the 2000AD Prog marry up? Do they ever cross over or are they always two separate entities?

Welcome!

They are in the same timeline, but usually it doesn't matter except that the background will be the same for the major events.

There have been a few occasions where there's a crossover of storylines,

E.g. Judgement Day, Wilderlands/Tenth Planet, Doomsday, the Tour of Duty storyline.

Dreddworld strips often hop between the prog and the megazine as well.

Cheers

Steve

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard and have fun exploring this new wonderful world you're lucky enough to have discovered.

8-Ball

Welcome. Good to have you here. Don't be nervous, you're amongst friends. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Pure Magic

Cheers for all the comments and the reply's to my Dredd question. Just need to get my subscription sorted now and I'm away.

Judge MANSON

Hi Pure Magic!!

Do not worry, you may encounter some grumpy Judges or some stone faced ones (like me), but you are the welcomed among us!!!

It's great to have new readers to The Galaxy's Greatest Comic ever. You will have your weekly doses of thrills!!!

Just pray The Mighty Tharg To Bless You With His Glorious Light.

All Hail The Mighty Tharg.
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!