Main Menu

2000 AD Books website updated

Started by IndigoPrime, 25 October, 2006, 12:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Oddly, that has a 2008 date on Amazon! As for the trades site, that was strictly for graphic novels, although I guess something about TPO would be suitable if Jon wants it added.

DavidXBrunt

I'd expect to see TPO on this mini-site as well.

Jonathan O

I'm up to my eyeballs in other things right now but I'll try and get Craig the TPO details today.

ThryllSeekyr

As for the Slaine GN. I'm really scratching my haed about this one.

Now I knwo that 'DragonHeist' has only ever been reprinted in one of the Best off annuals.

'TIme-Killer' which has already been reprinted a few times as well as being re-released as hard- and soft cover Bllack n white collecters edition.

I would find it very hard to belive that 'Time-Killer' would be re-released as a stand alone or filler for 'Dragon-Heist' at this stage. So I'm guessing it may skip over that stuff and do ' The Spoils of Annwyn' which has never featured in any of the latest Slaine Gns. Off the top of my head, I not so sure how many times it's been reprinted. ( I do remember collecting some these in their colourised QC comics.)

'Slaine the King' has been well and truly covered in the other Blackn white collecters edition.

Is it really too expencive to start doing any of the other more obsure colourised Slaine stories that appeared after the famous 'Horned God ' saga?

DavidXBrunt

I'm not JonO, and nor is my wife, but I think you can rest at ease Thryllseekyr. The tendancy is to name a collection after the most signifigant, or longest, story in the book.

So, for instance, Nikolai Dante The Great Game doesn't skip a bunch of stories and only feature the titular adventure.

I would assume Dragonhest will open the next collection which takes it's name from Time Killer.

DavidXBrunt

I'm not JonO, and nor is my wife, but I think you can rest at ease Thryllseekyr. The tendancy is to name a collection after the most signifigant, or longest, story in the book.

So, for instance, Nikolai Dante The Great Game doesn't skip a bunch of stories and only feature the titular adventure.

I would assume Dragonhest will open the next collection which takes it's name from Time Killer.

Robin Low

***What I *suspect* will happen (and this is just my own opinion) is that Dredd Case Files will continue through the period where there was a colour centre-spread, but will stop when it hits full-colour, simply because the volumes would become absurdly expensive.***

If that does happen, I'll be bloody livid. The series is called the Complete Case Files, and I expect that to be honoured - it's the reason I'm buying the series!

If the series is stopped on those ground, then as far as I'm concerned its pretty much false advertising. If it's not going to be Complete Case Files, then it should have been called something like the Classic Dredd Files.

On the positive side, Watchmen costs £18 pounds. I think that's still viable, especially if you stick and Amazon discount on it.

Regards

Robin

IndigoPrime

There was also a comic called Complete Judge Dredd, you know. Also, the books haven't been 'complete' so far, unless 'complete' means every prog.

My thinking is just based on what happened with Tsar Wars getting split in two for cost reasons. That said, I guess there's a possibility that Case Files could continue in 150-page colour versions or chunky greyscale ones. Still, whatever decision Jon and Rebellion make is a long time away anyway.

IndigoPrime

Davidâ??your book's now on the 2000 AD Book's site, in the 'coming soon' section.

Robin Low

****There was also a comic called Complete Judge Dredd, you know. Also, the books haven't been 'complete' so far, unless 'complete' means every prog.****

Very true - and I felt ripped off when that was cancelled, too.

Complete to me means 'Dredd from every prog, eventually.'

****My thinking is just based on what happened with Tsar Wars getting split in two for cost reasons. That said, I guess there's a possibility that Case Files could continue in 150-page colour versions or chunky greyscale ones. Still, whatever decision Jon and Rebellion make is a long time away anyway.****

Either would be okay with me, although I admit greyscale isn't very attractive, especially on the fully-painted stuff.

Regards

Robin

Carlsborg Expert

Tha's a nice looking cover. But, hark!

What images through yon background break?

Gives it a nice wooden carving feel.http://www.2000adonline.com/books/assets/covers/strontium_dog_case_files_01_t.jpg">

IndigoPrime

For a slightly bigger version, look below!http://www.2000adonline.com/books/assets/covers/strontium_dog_case_files_01.gif">

Bolt-01

Is there a release date for the SD book yet? Wondering whether I'll be able to get it for Xmas.

Bolt-01

I, Cosh

I was wondering the same about Case Files 06. It's round about this time I need to start giving out present ideas to folk.
We never really die.

Albion

play.com has it listed as available from January 15th.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.