2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Never liked the colour Nemesis pages :P

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

That 'contents page' from the 2000AD annual 1986 is one of my favorite O'Neill pieces of all time.
If only I had a spare few grand lying around...

hippynumber1

I've been saving for the 'Nemesis and father' page for ages; I would respectfully request that no-one buy it from under me...PLEASE! 

opaque

We need some sort of 'Littlewoods' system where we can buy pieces of artwork and pay over 52 weeks :P

hippynumber1

Quote from: opaque on 11 January, 2013, 10:11:04 AM
We need some sort of 'Littlewoods' system where we can buy pieces of artwork and pay over 52 weeks :P

I believe Book Palace and Romitaman do installment plans!  But you don't get your art until final payment is received!

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 January, 2013, 09:44:18 AM
I've been saving for the 'Nemesis and father' page for ages; I would respectfully request that no-one buy it from under me...PLEASE!

I will buy it and double the price!!

Just kidding ;)

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 11 January, 2013, 09:19:25 AM
That 'contents page' from the 2000AD annual 1986 is one of my favorite O'Neill pieces of all time.
If only I had a spare few grand lying around...

I quite agree! I am in London this afternoon and so am going to go and have a look at them in the flesh. If anyone else wants to come along let me know

hippynumber1

Your impression of them (condition, detail etc) would be nice...

ming

Quote from: Minty on 10 January, 2013, 10:26:16 PMStunning Kevin O'Neill work. I'd be interested to know how much the Tube Warrior cover sold for.

Just over £2k, if I remember right.  It was cheaper than the other covers anyway (mine included, although when I factor in the discount I got I paid less than that).

These are all being sold on behalf of Kev O'Neill, so most of the cash goes to him rather than the dealer - that's part of the reason I was willing to fork out a hefty chunk of cash (the other part being the glorious artwork that I've been in love with since I was a kid).

As for condition - as mint as they get from this period.  These are all bits of art that Kev has held onto until now.  I posted pics of my cover (Prog 230) some pages back, but it's here with some close-ups if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=886908&GSub=129771

ming

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 January, 2013, 11:04:00 AM
Your impression of them (condition, detail etc) would be nice...

Here's the Tube Warrior page - lots of close-ups, so easy to assess condition.  Kev / DJ Food also picked up the Nemesis War-droids cover and has a bunch of Metalzoic pages as well.

http://www.djfood.org/djfood/originals-10-%E2%80%A2-kevin-oneill-tube-warrior

Steven Sterlacchini

Beautiful cover Ming!

They're sort of the price I would expect for his work nowadays, especially from this period. Good to hear these are being sold on behalf of Kevin O'Neill.

Dunk!

That's just such a great cover, Ming, your blurb accompanying it sums up how i'd feel owning that

Tempted to put my meagre collection up on the site, need to get some good photos first.
"Trust we"

opaque

I need to take new photos for all my artwork then I might get round to putting them up on CAF.
Any suggestions on best way people have done it?

hippynumber1

Quote from: opaque on 11 January, 2013, 11:45:27 AM
I need to take new photos for all my artwork then I might get round to putting them up on CAF.
Any suggestions on best way people have done it?

If it helps (and it won't) I'm always disappointed with my photos of my artwork.  I've recently fluttered my eye lashes at one of the admin ladies where I work and she is kindly scanning the smaller (A4) pieces for me and, I would suggest, that's the way to go.  I'm considering investing in one of the 'wand'scanners to capture the larger pieces. Has anyone used one of those?