Main Menu

Artistic favour required.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 23 January, 2005, 10:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Hey up all. Anyone in the Manchester Area with free time at the start of April might want to check out the Scriptshop performance 'Pier Zero' which is part of the Word '05 Leigh and Wigan Literature Festival. It's very good.

But we need a visual image for the posters and promo material.

Is there anyone who knows where I can get a copyright free, or are willing to draw a simple, black and white line drawing of a 1930's Lancashire Seaside town pier? If it's going to be drawn it'd need a theatre as part of the entertainment complex.

Ideally one with the main buildings close and the boardwalk retiring into the distance. If there's room for detail on the drawing then the theatre could have poster advertising the magician 'Mr Jinx' and if there's a banner somewhere proclaiming 'Enjoy Yourself! It's later than you think' that would be peachy. No water or background, just the pier, seemingly floating in space. Which indeed it does. Float in time, space, dimension, and reality. Which is rather bad news for practically everyone onboard apart from Mr Jinx who is using his last few magical powers to escape the evil White King...

I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone can do something then I'd be gratefull and try and find someway to repay them. But I'm not offering *favours* you understand.

Carlsborg Expert.

How big does the original artwork have to be?

I have some A2 handy..

Have you got the capabilities to 8clean it * up on the computer?

If so then it is A2 at most.For the scanner, I suspect A4.

to have a theatre on the pier I'd say its is a large pier but a tad disembodied.Here give it here let me look at the brief, maybe try out a few things.

DavidXBrunt

A4 would be the best. I couldn't clean it up but others in the group might be able to.

Yeah, large pier. It's from a fictional town along the Lancashire coast - think Blackpool or Southport, with the sort of pier that you still get on them. In fact I think the theatre on the South Pier at Blackpool is still in the 30'a style The basic brief is there on the post, it's an entertainment pier, floating in space. If it's against a blank background we could scan it against something like a rabbits eye for the main poster (as the narrator of the play is an evil, super-intelligent, atomic powered, British-fascist, performing rabbit)

Many, many thanks already and if others want a go then so much the netter.

Bolt-01

And when it's finished can we have a look at the pic?

Bolt-01: Interested to see the results.