Main Menu

I don't like the shoulders on the new uniform at all.

Started by ABCwarBOT, 26 July, 2011, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

By using the greater-than sign, I am greater than everyone.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 26 July, 2011, 10:47:49 PM
Tell me, ABCwarBOT, what you means about the shoulder? as It's looks right and very riot style!

I'm surprised I have to point it out to anyone.   If you look at Dredd in the comic strips his shoulders look wide and powerful.   Even the Stallone film uniform had this.   

The Judge's uniforms in this latest flick make them look round shouldered and weak looking.   I'm not for one minute saying the uniform in this new movie could be exactly like the comic (obviously the uniform has to be realistic) but there's things they should have kept > like the trademark eagle on the right shoulder.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 July, 2011, 10:07:10 PM

There's no Strawberry Jelly with that Ice-Cream. The lack of jelly ruins it for me. And the Tyres aren't thick enough
You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

strontium71

And there's too much stubble on that chocolate segment.
...because I hate you.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It's also a bit melted, doesn't really look imposing enough
You may quote me on that.

Goaty

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 26 July, 2011, 10:58:20 PM
I'm surprised I have to point it out to anyone.   If you look at Dredd in the comic strips his shoulders look wide and powerful.   Even the Stallone film uniform had this.   

The Judge's uniforms in this latest flick make them look round shouldered and weak looking.   I'm not for one minute saying the uniform in this new movie could be exactly like the comic (obviously the uniform has to be realistic) but there's things they should have kept > like the trademark eagle on the right shoulder.

Oh so you didn't see this below, silly billy?

strontium71

Mmm , I see what you mean - almost makes the ice-cream look..older?
...because I hate you.

strontium71

...because I hate you.

ABCwarBOT

Ok chaps > I can see some of you are trying to make out what I'm saying is unimportant but I think what I'm saying is a very valid point.

The uniform and bike are 2 very important things to get right and so far I don't think they've been very successful.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Even the Stallone film uniform had this.   

For the five minutes he wore it, yes.  Which is the drokkin' point - it was impossible to move plausibly in it, he looked like the missing American Footballer member of the Village People.  You'll note that Stallone spent 95% of that movie with no shoulder pads at all.  The Minty boys have shown how a perfect copy of the comic uniform can work, but this is a different thing - it's a practical interpretation of the design for a 'realistic' version of the setting, and it's so true to the original concept of the character that even John Byrne couldn't object.

Also, the vanilla seems to be sitting a bit too high up on the plate.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 26 July, 2011, 11:04:34 PM

Oh so you didn't see this below, silly billy?

Yes I've seen that fellow silly billy and you're point is?

Goaty

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 26 July, 2011, 11:08:34 PM
Ok chaps > I can see some of you are trying to make out what I'm saying is unimportant but I think what I'm saying is a very valid point.

The uniform and bike are 2 very important things to get right and so far I don't think they've been very successful.

In Empire, its says it is cool bike! So how you knew it not been successful?? and the uniform is right looks, and we dont give a shit! and eat the shit brown ice cream, which only for you!!!