Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Well here it is: Madam Xanadu Page 30 by Brian Bolland

Very pleased with it.

Posting another purchase over on the 2000AD artwork thread shortly...

Spikes

A very tasty page that - and nicely signed, though i dont quite believe your claim of still having all your Kidneys left,  ;)

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 15 June, 2013, 04:14:28 PM
A very tasty page that - and nicely signed, though i dont quite believe your claim of still having all your Kidneys left,  ;)

Cheers JJ. It's quite a busy page, there's a lot going on and I like that.

Kidneys (and marriage) still intact :)

Call-Me-Kenneth

I don't really know the comic, but that's a really lovely Bolland page. Top.

Spikes

Dont often post on here - simply because i dont have a huge selection of non-2000ad art in my collection, but i thought id share this;

Concrete and friends at Monument Valley. Drawn by Paul Chadwick, and painted by his wife Elizabeth.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Judge Jack on 15 June, 2013, 06:49:00 PM
Dont often post on here - simply because i dont have a huge selection of non-2000ad art in my collection, but i thought id share this;

Concrete and friends at Monument Valley. Drawn by Paul Chadwick, and painted by his wife Elizabeth.

Bolland is very nice , but this Concrete is awesome .... was it a cover pin up ??

Sideshow Bob

Judge Jack....
That's a fabulous Concrete piece.......
Is it a commission piece ??.....It's truly wonderful and 'typifies' Mr Chadwicks' amazing artwork....Just love it !!
Cheers..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Fatboydale on 15 June, 2013, 07:58:48 PM

Bolland is very nice , but this Concrete is awesome ....

Typical. On the day I post a Bolland, JJ has to come along and trump it  :lol:

In all seriousness, this is why I love this thread. I thought concrete was something you made patios from :) Such interesting stuff from all sorts of things I've never heard of...

malak brood

yeah, stunning Concrete piece JJ , brilliant!

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 16 June, 2013, 09:56:12 AM
Typical. On the day I post a Bolland, JJ has to come along and trump it  :lol:

Oh, im pretty sure, positive - in fact, your Bolland is the top dog here SB! - but thanks for the comments Guys.

@ Dale and Bob, the Concrete piece has never been published - as far as i can tell (certainly not in any Concrete comics). I bought this piece off a US collector, via CAF, a couple of years ago.
I dont think it was a commission, as its not dedicated - thank grud!
So i suspect it was drawn (either beforehand or during) for a stateside convention - or some such, and offered for sale there.

Sideshow Bob

Judge Jack,
I absolutely love that Concrete piece....
Paul Chadwicks' artwork is astonishing in Black and White.....I've had another visit to your CAF page ( again ), and those Black and Whites are all incredible....BUT....As good as the B/W's are those watercolours are absolutely sublime.....

What a collection... :o
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

SKD

Wow. That Concrete piece is just wonderful Judge Jack. It has a bit of a Gean Giraud vibe to it. Superb.

Stew.

Spikes

Cheers again, Bob. When i was arranging my commission's from Paul, he told me that he prefers to work in watercolours.  You need to commission him!

And 100% spot-on, SKD. Around 1990/91, a definite Moebius influence was visible in Paul's work - which fitted incredibily well, i thought.
Id always thought Paul's style was totally his own creation - and it largely is, but if you look long enough you can see traces of Moebius - along with a Jack Kirby vibe that pops up every now and again.

Paul tells a neat little story, on his blog, about meeting Moebius - here

Colin YNWA

This original art habit is a sad and terrible thing. Somehow I stumbled across this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281120192245&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:3160

A piece I would simply love to own. Wasp is my favourite Marvel character (or Captain Britain) and the Stern Buscema run on Avengers among my top 15 runs of all time. This page is therefore to die for and I'm forced to sit here torturing myself as this goes out of range and I wonder how far I can stretch things to get it... if only I wasn't fishing in other waters right now...

Sideshow Bob

I agree Colin_YNWA......
This 'collecting' thing is dreadful, and the thing is... it always gets worse  !!....... :D

I'm really, really, skint at the moment ( after my Bob Molesworth  'Mongrol' commission ) and am trying to save frantically for a piece of artwork on CAF that I've had my eye on for ages.........

Then.......I see Judge Jacks' ..Concrete pieces and I really start thinking about getting a commission by Paul Chadwick.......
Then...... I see Hippynumber1's Leigh Gallagher double page spread of Defoe and his Gang and think I really want a piece like that......
Then...... SimeonB...has 2 wonderful Gallagher pieces of Defoe and I think, I wonder if Leigh Gallagher does commissions ??
And I've also seen King Carlos' commission work and think ....AAaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Too much Great Art and I've not got enough / any money........:'(