Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Found a few Doctor Who pages by John Ridgeway ...

Fatboydale

Forgot to add this , it is from a smash comic , anyone know who the artist is ?? it looks a little bit like Massimo Belardinelli ???

hippynumber1

maryanddavid

That story is a complete, the last page is a half page, do you have that? It looks very american in style. Smash used a lot of American reprints from Marvel and DC pre the IPC relaunch, I wonder if its possibly something from America?

maryanddavid

I've had a quick flick through the Smash and Pow comics, any of the two and a half complete stories I have found in them all have copyright Marvel on them, so It may be from Marvel.

SuperSurfer

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 07 October, 2013, 08:34:42 PM
Looks a bit Ron Tiner to me...
Do you mean Ron Turner? If so, that is what I thought as but not sure.

(There is a POW! annual in a charity shop near me at the moment. Also a Holy Terror going for about £2.50. I picked it up and thought: hmm, no thanks.)

hippynumber1

Yes, sorry. I did mean Ron Turner. 'i' and 'u' are next to each other and I missed a letter out. I'm very tired you know...

Colin YNWA

Those Ridgway Doctor Who pages are bloom in' glorious. Is that a Morrison story, or possible Steve Parkhouse? Mind either way bloody lovely pages.

Fatboydale

Just the 2 pages .... and i thought Ron Turner , just didn't feel right , i could be wrong ... Have asked David Roach he is quite good with this sort of art ...

The Doctor Who pages are pretty cool .... i will have to find the writer , i do have the comics somewhere ..

Not 100% with these 2 either , could be Bellamy from the Trigan Empire , and the other some Spanish artist ??

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

maryanddavid

Is the first page not Don Lawerence? The second looks like a cover from Top Secret Library.

Fatboydale

Quote from: maryanddavid on 07 October, 2013, 10:20:21 PM
Is the first page not Don Lawerence? The second looks like a cover from Top Secret Library.

Yes Don Lawerence ..... Brain was on the other pages ...

The Second cover looks like a ipc thriller of sorts ..

Greg M.

Quote from: Fatboydale on 07 October, 2013, 10:05:57 PM
The Doctor Who pages are pretty cool .... i will have to find the writer , i do have the comics somewhere ..

The wonderful Dr. Who pages are from 'Voyager', written by Steve Parkhouse: it's often considered one of the highpoints of the DWM strips.

Greg M.

Bah, no chance to modify - technically some of the pages are from 'Once Upon A Timelord...' which is the end of the story started in 'Voyager' , and Parkhouse's last script for DWM.

Fatboydale

Bit of old school here , and just in time for the book release

Heros the Spartan