Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 23 September, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
I also assume it won't have the spin off Savage story (Disaster was it?) where he drove around flooded Britain in a DUKW.

It's called Disaster 1990. It was reprinted in a floppy a couple of years ago. Not that that precludes it from appearing in the Ultimate Collection. There is something else that might though - which is it wasn't very good. (IMO).

moly

Got payment collected for issue 4 last week but no books yet, could this be due to them delaying issue two for a week, also anyone got any idea on what the hatchett break even point is as the 2000adcollection has a hell of a lot of less likes and followers then judge dredd

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: moly on 24 September, 2017, 09:45:06 AM
Got payment collected for issue 4 last week but no books yet, could this be due to them delaying issue two for a week, also anyone got any idea on what the hatchett break even point is as the 2000adcollection has a hell of a lot of less likes and followers then judge dredd

I have no idea of the breakeven point, however I can't see them cancelling the collection now it's begun

IndigoPrime

Viability is all that matters. It's unlikely they'd have kicked off this collection if it wasn't viable, off of the basis of the test run sales.

Swerty

Quote from: Magnetica on 23 September, 2017, 10:33:47 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 23 September, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
I also assume it won't have the spin off Savage story (Disaster was it?) where he drove around flooded Britain in a DUKW.

It's called Disaster 1990. It was reprinted in a floppy a couple of years ago. Not that that precludes it from appearing in the Ultimate Collection. There is something else that might though - which is it wasn't very good. (IMO).

I love Disaster 1990!

Arkady

If Nikolai Dante will be Vol 1-9, isn't it a bit odd that the Kreeler Conspiracy will be Vol 11? Doesnt that mean that Stront won't be in chronological order on the Shelf? Maybe I'm just confused about Stront's convoluted running order.

IndigoPrime

Is Dante confirmed to be 1–9? I've not seen that anywhere, just that there will be vols 1–9 for that series.

Arkady

Ah I assumed that's how they'd play it. Perhaps not.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 September, 2017, 08:27:12 PM
Is Dante confirmed to be 1–9? I've not seen that anywhere, just that there will be vols 1–9 for that series.
When the FB Page first confirmed Dante they listed the book's issue and volume numbers which I too took to be vols 1-9 on the shelf, but in hindsight that may be completely wrong and will also solve an issue I had with the stronts volumes bumping into Nemesis in running order. Thanks for bringing this up!

Jamie1000013

I'm gunna have to wait a while till 18 books in a row are good, as I really really want that sketch book in good condition. Is this the same sketch book as the free item you get on the 9th delivery:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/merchandise/XB521

Looks like it tbh. Can you start your subscription from any book at any time? If I wait like 9 months can I start it from issue 3 for instance? I just want a clear run without a Nikolai Dante or Slaine volume. I want to read some Rogue trooper after that awesome 10 page story in prog 2050 this week.

IndigoPrime

"I just want a clear run without a Nikolai Dante or Slaine volume."

Given that we only know the first eight issues so far, and given that one fifth of the entire collection is Slain and Dante, it's hard to know where you'd get a clear run without those two characters.

Steve Green

Quote from: Arkady on 24 September, 2017, 08:06:16 PM
If Nikolai Dante will be Vol 1-9, isn't it a bit odd that the Kreeler Conspiracy will be Vol 11? Doesnt that mean that Stront won't be in chronological order on the Shelf? Maybe I'm just confused about Stront's convoluted running order.

Kreeler Conspiracy is an odd one. It's it's own thing.

Plus publishing order doesn't equal continuity - you've got all the flashback tales published after the Final Solution which fit in before and after Johnny meets Wulf.

Do you put them in publication order, or arrange the lost tales so they fit in some sort of continuity?

seanharry

Looking at the planned strips to be reprinted in the 2000ad collection, I'm a bit disappointed.

I mean, I appreciate that it's the cream of the crop, but the entire run seems to be made up of stories that are already easily available in collected format, and that I already have, sometimes multiple volumes due to them being printed by Titan and Rebellion in graphic novel collections.

The great thing about the Mega Collection is that a lot of Dredd World stories, particularly those that appeared in the Megazine, that had not seen reprint in a graphic novel collection, saw print in this series.

Now, I get that they are looking to get the most popular and iconic stories out there, but I already have three separate collections of Nemesis, three of ABC Warriors, three of Ro-Busters and two of Slaine, on my bookshelf.

It would have been nice to finally see collections of:-
Freaks
Night Zero
Bad City Blues
Firekind
Mean Arena
Silo
Rose O'Rion
Synnamon
Dash Descent
Big Dave
Finn
The Dead
Slaughterbowl
Tyranny Rex (perhaps coupled with Hap Hazzard?)
Heroes Of Harlem (Steve Dillon version)

And I know that they are crap, but their is some gorgeous artwork by the likes of Ron Smith, Will Simpson and Casanovas that goes uncollected because everybody hates the writing in the Rogue Trooper and Robo Hunter reboots.

And I'm leaving out the crap stuff like Junker, which I'd still like a collection of for John Ridgeways art.

I know some of these were reprinted as floppies in the Megazine, but I'd like them reprinted in a format that I can put on my bookshelf.

I personally feel that this is a real missed opportunity.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: seanharry on 25 September, 2017, 06:17:42 PM
And I'm leaving out the crap stuff like Junker...

...but including the Harlem Heroes reboot? Well, okaaaaay...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Monarch

you know when i think of "ultimate" not a single one of that list you posted would be anywhere near it and thats an actual fan of tyranny rex saying that

i