Main Menu

CHOO, CHOO! It's Wagner & Grants Wonderful Train Of Thought!

Started by Noah Angel, 08 September, 2004, 12:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah Angel

Well the Trout has quite rightly been "carping" (did you see what I did there?) on about the lack of comic related threads on site at the mo', so here's a nice one for you all.

Get inside the mind of your fave 2K writers and describe the process of their comic creations as you see it. It doesn't have to be Alan and John, but God help us should anyone choose John Smith (and at least one of you will). Here's my daftness with absolutely no apologies for the stilted dialogue whatsoever...

Picture the scene:

Little John Wagner and even littler Alan Grant are sat round Johns house after school one evening.

Johns mam has made a big plate of jam and salmon pate sandwiches (all in one to save on bread) and provided them with lots of happy shopper pop before plonking them in front of the TV and nipping out to the bingo....

Alan: JINGS!!! It's Scooby Doo. He's prawper braw.

John: Aye so he is. I winder whit thae wee badgie roond his neek stands fer tho.

Alan: Whit d'ya mean yah big daft nyaff. It stands fer Scooby Doo o' course.

John: Nah, that's fer to obvious. D'ya no ken he's a big mutant talking doggie? I reckon hes go himsel' a big dose of yon radiation and it's short fer somethin like Strontium Dug or something.

Alan: Ah away wi' yer John. That's some braw imagination yous got on ye. Ye should be writing fer the comic bookies.

John: Hmmm.  

Generally Contrary

You should turn that into a comic strip.  I'd love to see it.  A one-page wonder.

Noah Angel

Next up, where *exactly* did the inspiration for Zenith come from?

Mark Millar (school bully): Haw, haw! look at "Morribund" with his sissy ACTION comic. That big puff Dredger would be no match for the superheroes in all these great American comics.

Grant Morrison: F@%kin' crappy superheroes. I'll show everyone just how fallible they all are one day!

Noah Angel

"You should turn that into a comic strip."

I may do, but if anybody else wants to attempt it, I absolutely *INSIST* it be done in the style of Oor Wullie.

http://www.sach.org.uk/images/wullie.gif>

Proper braw I tell thee!

Oh and the Grant one in the style of Kids Rule OK.

petemaskreplica

I wonder if Mark Millar spent his schooldays being repeatedly felled with one punch?

Endjinn

I should laugh at that but I did. Deep and loud.

Generally Contrary

Bolt-01

Proudhuff

Marvelous!

Does anyone remember that crude Oor Wullie that done the round years ago? it ended in with the classic line fi big dirty Aggie 'Whit ye want me tae take it up the shunter, ya wee pervert Willie!"  

jeemy Huff
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Huff, That's just nasty!

I'm laughing still.

Shunter!

Bolt-01

pauljholden

*cough*

Link: http://blog.pauljholden.com" target="_blank">bloggie

http://blog.pauljholden.com/alanandjohn.gif">

Bolt-01

Alan: JINGS!!! It's Scooby Doo. He's prawper braw.

John: Aye so he is. I winder whit thae wee badgie roond his neek stands fer tho.

Alan: Whit d'ya mean yah big daft nyaff. It stands fer Scooby Doo o' course.

John: Nah, that's fer to obvious. D'ya no ken he's a big mutant talking doggie? I reckon hes go himsel' a big dose of yon radiation and it's short fer somethin like Strontium Dug or something.

Alan: Ah away wi' yer John. That's some braw imagination yous got on ye. Ye should be writing fer the comic bookies.

It should be presented this way, really.

Bolt-01

Tweak72

"You should turn that into a comic strip."

"I may do, but if anybody else wants to attempt it, I absolutely *INSIST* it be done in the style of Oor Wullie"

funny you should say that but this gent (link included) did a kind of paradie of Oor Wullie and the other sripe about a family in a totally brilliant comic called elecric soup (showing AGAIN that those bloody scots are just too good when it comes comics) before getting all famous and stuff (posibly with groupies and dirty dirty  booze ridden nights out that come with stardom...

...or something) any way if you get to find a copy of Electric Soup. grab it its better than Viz and worth it

Link: http://home.wanadoo.nl/pafrankn/fq_intro.htm" target="_blank">Oor Frank

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Devons Daddy

i have never read wullie. so i more imagine it this way.

its a rainy evening. two youths ni full lengh raincoats standing in the reception area of a private club.

they  about 18 years old.
their first night at THE CLUB,sheepishly clad in black leather silk and lace under there macs.both sporting bum fluff moustaches.and admiring all the big boy and girls around them.

smiling at each other, aware they are both new to the scene,.having a half a shandy each and relating how they should best show all these old hands they can handle themselves.

i know says john, we will create a comic book for kiddies, but fill it with our wildest fantitasies and sell it for a reasonable profit.every one who comes to this club will see the real story we are trying to tell.
i like that idea says alan,lets go and create it right now.

but before i go i just want to get this leather belt and black lace thong a little bit tighter,do you think that tall blond one in the high heels and full leather siut with bird on her shoulder  would be willing to tell me to go to hell if i ask her nicely?
he walked up to her.
i bet she can read my mind you know alan i bet she can.
as john approached her.she fell over likley into a coma,

john and alan left the club.and began writing.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Al_Ewing

hey john can you robot dance like this to the groovy tunes

no alan i hate robot dancing i would like to HUNT them all down who do the robot dance yes i would be a HUNTER of all those who do ROBOt dancing yes hmmmmm i hav an idea

AND THE REST WAS HISTORY!!
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.