Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CLASSIC - POOL 7 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 October, 2020, 06:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Andy B

Tough one... Steve Parkhouse is so good, but it's got to be Phillips and Fabry

I, Cosh

Torn here. Steve Parkhouse would be through in most other groups. His expressive b&w cartooning would be enough on its own but add in the beautiful colour work he did on Summer Magic and, you know what, he gets my vote and Phillips loses out.

Glenn Fabry is the only artist to draw leather better than Bolland.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Now sure here as the voting is gloriously spread, I think, so any difference is hard to tell. Your vote could well therefore really change things so get it in before the morning and I'll count things up then.

TordelBack

Fabry (his older stuff) and Phillips (his later stuff).

(Although I'd also like to include Parkhouse, Bradbury and Sola).

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Another one with clear winners who wouldn't have been those I'd have voted for (I'd have gone Steve Parkhouse and Dean Ormston), but the two who went through richly deserve it. I'll be honest I didn't think Sean Phillips work for Tharg was as strong as some of his later work... but then you think Swimming in Blood and I realise that's poppycock so massive congraluations to

Sean Phillips

Glenn Fabry