Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Further to discussions on the Helter Skelter game, look at these beauties coming our way in the Dredd version of the Stront game.  Top Dogs ahoy!

Trooper McFad

Not quite finished the Stront figures yet due to my Pineapples project - only just got the Generals, Kreelers & a couple of others in their recent sale.
The details on these are superb so can only expect the Dredd ones to be the same. I'll be asking Santa for the Dredd kit 😃😃😃.
Hopefully they might dip into another Character from the 2000AD catalogue in the future but don't know which would suit the Skirmish game best?
(Rogue or ABC please)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

TordelBack

As the Stront game feels quite asymmetric (read the rules but haven't played it yet, but soon!), and I imagine the Dredd game has to be the same (they always are), Rogue would seem to be the obvious next step for the system.  But obviously it should actually be Dante].  I would splurge so much money that I don't have on a Dante range that it would be genuinely absurd.

Trooper McFad

Dante would also be good just reading for first time as the complete story (ultimate collection) and asked myself why have I taken so long to get round to this. It's just getting better with each volume I read. Just hope it can keep me hooked til the end.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

I, Cosh

Quote from: Leigh S on 27 November, 2019, 06:26:13 PM
Keeping it Stronty....33% off tempt any of you sneckers? https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/black-friday-strontium-dog-collection
It does, but I still haven't painted any of hte first lot you bad man.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 28 November, 2019, 08:30:18 AM
Quote from: Leigh S on 27 November, 2019, 06:26:13 PM
Keeping it Stronty....33% off tempt any of you sneckers? https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/black-friday-strontium-dog-collection
It does, but I still haven't painted any of hte first lot you bad man.

Same here!

By the way - if people are interested in those Warlord deals, I wouldn't waste time - some are already out of stock (I say this in the full confidence of somebody who has already made their order).

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 28 November, 2019, 09:26:31 AM
By the way - if people are interested in those Warlord deals, I wouldn't waste time - some are already out of stock (I say this in the full confidence of somebody who has already made their order).
The Bad Boys are bust?!
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 28 November, 2019, 09:46:40 AM
The Bad Boys are bust?!

There's the conceivable chance you bought up all the stock just to use that one-liner.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 November, 2019, 10:09:56 AM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 28 November, 2019, 09:46:40 AM
The Bad Boys are bust?!
There's the conceivable chance you bought up all the stock just to use that one-liner.
Sadly not. Middenface was gone as well by the time I'd finished faffing around and clicked the button.
We never really die.

sheridan

Just having dug out the (unpainted) miniatures, I'm not a fan of the bases (either the oval metal or the round plastic) but then I grew up with hexagonal, square or round slotta-bases...

TordelBack

Yeah, still really dislike the Warlord bases.  Seems weird to have something so cheap and flimsy chucked in with such quality minis.  That said, talented folk as you can find on this thread still make the finished product look good with the judicious application of polyfilla.