Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkyboy

Corgette is pretty good fried and added to a salad.

Now marrow on the other hand! What a worthless mouthful of watery pulp (steady Roger).
I've only ever enjoyed marrow when it was stuffed with mince and onion, and that was because it totally masked the taste of marrow.

"Botanically, however, the zucchini is an immature fruit, being the swollen ovary of the female zucchini flower."

Sick I call it, no wonder everyone hates them!
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Minkyboy on 12 August, 2009, 04:08:27 PM
Corgette is pretty good fried and added to a salad.

I always struggled with courgette until my wife started to fry them. Now glad to report no problem.

Peter Wolf

I had a meeting arranged for this evening at 7.00pm about some work and it has been cancelled which is annoying because i have been building up to it all day.Of course i got the call that it was off at 2pm when i was out so i hadnt bothered to check voicemail until now and of course now the meeting has been forwarded to Thursday  at a time when i cant attend the meeting because i am doing something else which is unavoidable.

Eventually we will get there.....
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

The new TV, stand & Blu-ray player are all next to me in the dining room and like a twat I'm waiting on some HDMI cables coming in the post (they were a LOT cheaper). Please let them turn up today.

I knew I should have ordered them earlier >:(

House of Usher

Re: courgettes, not minor impediments...

Being vegetarian, a lot of my meals start off with a diced onion in a pan with a press of garlic, a splash of oil and a splash of water. It may end up as curry, risotto, stir-fry, spaghetti sauce, salsa, couscous, cottage pie, chilli or mousaka.

Courgette can go in any of that lot. The time to put the courgette in is at the start, with the onions.

But if you want to eat courgette as a vegetable, I'd recommend either slicing it lengthways to go in a stir-fry, frying it in butter or oil, or roasting it in the oven with some other Mediterranean vegetables.
STRIKE !!!

Banners

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 August, 2009, 12:05:28 PM
Re: courgettes, not minor impediments...

Being vegetarian, a lot of my meals start off with a diced onion in a pan with a press of garlic, a splash of oil and a splash of water. It may end up as curry, risotto, stir-fry, spaghetti sauce, salsa, couscous, cottage pie, chilli or mousaka.

Again, Usher, you surprise me. I'm a vegetarian as well, and it sounds as though most of our cooking begins the same way. I use a lot of onions, peppers and garlic, and sometimes courgettes, though I'm not the biggest fan and can do without.

Our garden is usually heavy on the cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and peppers. Last year we tried carrots, but my daughter weeded most of them bu mistake!

House of Usher

Tip for the meat-eaters: A delicious way of eating up courgettes is to slice 'em and fry them off in some oil and water with an onion, some garlic and lots of little chopped-up bits of grilled or uncooked bacon. I don't know which works best, grilling first or not, as I haven't cooked or eaten bacon in 20 years. But it's a way to get the best out of courgettes.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I just cut myself shaving while having a bath its only a tiny cut on the edge of my nose but the bastard wont stop bleeding so i had to stick sellotape over the cut in an attempt to stop the bleeding and it looks a mess and i have to leave the house in 15 minutes .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

WoD

Quote from: peterwolf on 13 August, 2009, 03:24:07 PM
I just cut myself shaving while having a bath its only a tiny cut on the edge of my nose but the bastard wont stop bleeding so i had to stick sellotape over the cut in an attempt to stop the bleeding and it looks a mess and i have to leave the house in 15 minutes .

You shave your nose Peter??  Put ice on it, it'll help.

House of Usher

Poor Peter. But LOL @ 'sellotape'! - reminds of an old strip that appeared in Viz.
STRIKE !!!

Trout

To the vegetarians: whatever it is you're cooking... it needs bacon in it!

locustsofdeath!