Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactus

Quote from: Art on 01 June, 2013, 09:42:01 PM
I would totally pre-order a pre-order of this, if I could.

Tell you what, bung me twenty quid I promise to try and be online at 00:00:01 on 1st July to pre-order a copy for you.

I have no problems with the publication, or the price. I'd like to receive it sooner than December but I'll cope with the wait.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

WhizzBang

I am highly likely to order this but I wouldn´t be surprised if a just a short while later a cheaper Rebellion standard edition is also released for those who missed this.

opaque

Quote from: WhizzBang on 02 June, 2013, 07:26:35 AM
I am highly likely to order this but I wouldn´t be surprised if a just a short while later a cheaper Rebellion standard edition is also released for those who missed this.

I guess if it was going to happen then maybe we'd know by the time these editions are posted?
In that any legal things might have come out by then.
There's certainly the market for it.

The Adventurer

It's typical operating procedure for publishers to not announce paperback plans while pushing a limited edition HC. As it might impact the HC sales.

I'd hope we'd see a standard non-limited edition paperback (+digital) edition within a year of the HC release. As that would be fair.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Steve Yeowell makes some very guarded comments to questions from The Beat.

http://comicsbeat.com/zenith-artist-steve-yeowell-talks-about-contracts-and-grant-morrison/

The good news is he's drawing a DeMarco series with Mike Carroll (alas in the Meg so another trade wait for me)

IndigoPrime

It just seems matter of fact to me rather than guarded.

opaque

Quote from: The Adventurer on 03 June, 2013, 12:43:17 AM
It's typical operating procedure for publishers to not announce paperback plans while pushing a limited edition HC. As it might impact the HC sales.

I'd hope we'd see a standard non-limited edition paperback (+digital) edition within a year of the HC release. As that would be fair.

Most certainly for any normal book you'd expect it. Is it just the ABC Warriors Volgan books that are only in hardback atm? I can't remember. It's just the legal issues that could hold paperback/digital copies of Zenith back I suppose and maybe that is pretty much an unknown until it actually happens (so when the product is shipped in December) as taking orders is one thing, actually sending product is the thing that could instigate legal action. Or maybe it'll all go through fine with no issues, there will be paperback versions by next summer and everyone can finally get what they wanted? That would be nice.

I'm angling more towards paying for the limited edition now. Better that than paying the £39.99 for the Phase 1 Rebellion book on Ebay atm that I keep pondering (for completeness, I have the original GN's of course)

Frank

Steve Yeowell:  as it was always the plan that Zenith's story would be complete in four phases, more is unlikely (The Beat, 2012)

Grant Morrison: I like the idea that Zenith's a character who ages alongside me in his own little world. I can always go back and do Zenith at 50 or 70, which should be fun. (Thrillpower Overload, p216, 2009)

TordelBack

Quote from: opaque on 04 June, 2013, 05:19:14 PMIs it just the ABC Warriors Volgan books that are only in hardback atm?

That'd be Slaine: The Books of Invasions & Carnival, I think.  Right creative team though!

opaque

Thanks, I'm quite behind on the Slaine books, gone for all the others varied ones (Mean Team, Ten Seconders) more recently before them.

strontium71

Just realised that the order date is the day after the 50% shop voucher expires...
...because I hate you.

Buttonman

Quote from: strontium71 on 04 June, 2013, 08:37:07 PM
Just realised that the order date is the day after the 50% shop voucher expires...

He may look green but Tharg ain't that green at all!

opaque

Well you couldn't use it on the Termight edition for the same reason ;)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: opaque on 04 June, 2013, 08:50:03 PM
Well you couldn't use it on the Termight edition for the same reason ;)

You could, you know, just not for 50%
Lock up your spoons!

opaque

Wasn't it you could on the normal and not the special edition?