Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 10 June, 2013, 10:53:09 PM
Come 1st anyway. :lol:

It's not a race darling.  Think of it more like synchronised swimming.  This at least would explain the horrid rictus the wife affects when relations are scheduled. 

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 June, 2013, 08:25:58 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 10 June, 2013, 10:53:09 PM
Come the 1st of July anyway. :lol:

It's not a race darling.  Think of it more like synchronised swimming.  This at least would explain the horrid rictus the wife affects when relations are scheduled.
FMQFY. ;) And don't call me darling, it's all a bit sudden, sir!

newschmoo

Forgive me if this ones already been covered, but what does 'a never-to-be-repeated format' actually mean ? Its never being reprinted in any form again, or never in hardback again ? I'll feel ripped off if i pay £100 then the paperback's announced next year.

TordelBack

Like it says, 'format'.  This content won't appear in exactly this format again: i.e. this type of limited run deluxe hardback (although other deluxe/HB types remain a possibility).  The content, the complete Zenith, almost certainly will appear in another lesser format in the nearish future.  £100,000 might sound like nice bit of cake, but the scanning and collating and fiddling has been done, and there's gold in them there bytes!

At least I hope so.  I also hope I receive some fantabulous windfall between now and the end of the month, but not, please note oh ye Fates and Gods above, a windfall derived from a fatality, insurance claim or other disaster related source.  If that's what on your minds, Nice Ladies, I'll hang on for the paperback.

robert_ellis

Of course there'll be a paperback edition at some point assuming no legal wrangles. But are you willing to chance it? I'd imagine that each phase will come out as seperate softcover so you'll be paying £50 - £60 for all 4. Does the hardback seem so bad?

Mark Taylor

Quote from: robert_ellis on 11 June, 2013, 12:21:37 PMI'd imagine that each phase will come out as seperate softcover so you'll be paying £50 - £60 for all 4. Does the hardback seem so bad?

Or it might come out as a single fat 'case files' style volume at around £20 - which you could probably then pick up from Amazon for around £15 or less... then all those who bought the hardback but don't care about the format will wind up feeling a little queasy.

Chances, chances... roll the dice. ;)

radiator

QuoteOr it might come out as a single fat 'case files' style volume at around £20

I highly doubt that - I would expect at least two such books - the second one in colour so would be more expensive.

I would also expect Rebellion to regard Zenith as somewhat valuable - not something to put out put it out as quickly and cheaply as possible, so that's why I would expect four separate books - maybe hardbacks.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 10 June, 2013, 02:22:06 PM
Quote from: moly on 09 June, 2013, 07:32:12 PM
Would love to buy this, but couldn't justify £100. To the mrs, I tried though lol

£100 is very little in the scheme of things. S

If only that were true

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 11 June, 2013, 02:30:51 PM

Or it might come out as a single fat 'case files' style volume at around £20 - which you could probably then pick up from Amazon for around £15 or less... then all those who bought the hardback but don't care about the format will wind up feeling a little queasy.

Chances, chances... roll the dice. ;)

That would be all black & white, too, which some would find preferable to the mixed colour and monochrome of the originals.

My guess would be that there'll be 4 individual paperbacks if Rebellion are able to do them, but anyone waiting for cheaper options is taking a big risk that they won't appear for years, if at all.

HdE

Well, today I decided I want it. So I'll fight the rest of you for a copy on the 1st.

May the best 1,000 men win!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

hippynumber1

Be prepared for the shop to crash...

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 11 June, 2013, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: Mark Taylor on 10 June, 2013, 02:22:06 PM£100 is very little in the scheme of things. S

If only that were true

Obviously circumstances vary. I will say though that my wife is unable to work for medical reasons and doesn't receive any benefits for reasons I won't go into. I do a full time job in which I earn, admittedly, significantly more than minimum wage. But it's still less than double minimum wage. So looking at it that way, my wife and I each survive on less than minimum wage - and I still stand by the above, for our (less than salubrious) circumstances. YMMV.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 11 June, 2013, 06:51:35 PM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 11 June, 2013, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: Mark Taylor on 10 June, 2013, 02:22:06 PM£100 is very little in the scheme of things. S

If only that were true

Obviously circumstances vary. I will say though that my wife is unable to work for medical reasons and doesn't receive any benefits for reasons I won't go into. I do a full time job in which I earn, admittedly, significantly more than minimum wage. But it's still less than double minimum wage. So looking at it that way, my wife and I each survive on less than minimum wage - and I still stand by the above, for our (less than salubrious) circumstances. YMMV.

And I'll, maybe, go one better.
My Wife earns significantly better than minimum wage. However I am the full time primary carer of a precocious Son that deserves a better school than he is getting. This costs money but is worth it. More worth it than a book.
Our major luxury outlay is Sky Sports each month. We love our sports. Zenith is about 6 months of this subscription. Should I be selfish and demand that we drop it for six months?
Our food bill is made up of 'every day' items from Tesco. We are scrapping the barrel there and being creative.
Simply put I do not have £100 to spend on a book without compromising the lifestyle of my child and Wife, which is something I will not do.

Yes, circumstances differ but don't, for an instance, think that £100 is justified in any or every household.

I sincerely wish it were but it's not.

There endeth the moan  ;)

matty_ae

No one has yet mentioned the warehouse full of phase 1 that were printed in 2002.
Presuming they've not been pulped any business would sell them next and print 2,3 and 4 thereafter.
It is worth stating that rebellion have got further than this before and then held back.
I suspect that these hb will come out but they'll be some comment from GM lawyers between now and Dec.

robert_ellis