Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: matty_ae on 28 June, 2013, 12:34:59 PMI dont think Rebellion publishing any other 80 - 120 page books any more and all those old ones like verdus etc seem to be low sellers.

New Slaine and ABC Warriors ones are on average 130 pages, including extras, and they seem to sell okay.  They are, however, mostly full colour.

radiator

QuoteWhy?

Because they'd make more money from spacing it out over four glossy books at £13-20 a pop than they would selling a single Case Files type book at £20.

matty_ae

They'd definitely have more books to sell.

Last time round books 4 & 5 were so unpopular Titan slashed them to 1.99 in in-house adverts.

Well i wish them well but i really think the art base on the US b&w comics looks too small so im out.

radiator

QuoteLast time round books 4 & 5 were so unpopular Titan slashed them to 1.99 in in-house adverts.

What, like 25 years ago? When Grant Morrison was yet to become one of the biggest names in comics?

matty_ae

Yes. My belief is that if they issued the books to an American market individually, the would get a diminishing uptake largey based on how short the books would be, that they are B&w and how oddly paced the story-telling is. The fractal narrative revealed in book 4 works brilliantly as a conclusion but on its own separated (as printed originally) it feels dour.

You may still be correct that rebellion see more profit in splitting them. Speculating is fun.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I would be amazed if the paperback version didn't come out in four individual volumes.

Anyone hoping for a £20 complete Zenith hot on the heels of the hardback edition is being highly optimistic. Can't see Rebellion wanting to upset 1000 of their best customers by selling them a £100 hardback and then immediately rendering it a rip-off.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: matty_ae on 28 June, 2013, 01:51:59 PMYes. My belief is that if they issued the books to an American market individually, the would get a diminishing uptake largey based on how short the books would be
Most US trades are around the same length. I don't see this as a problem. Also, Zenith has the potential in that format to be among the more popular classic books, like the Sláine stuff that's now going to new editions.

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Have I got the correct time in London here?

Friday, 28 June 2013 at 3:28:25 PM BST

Fuuny ,because I thought you guys in the UK were ahead od us in Australia by afe hours. Looks like your behind us as it's.....

12:30AM on the 29th right where I am now!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 June, 2013, 03:31:09 PM
Have I got the correct time in London here?

Friday, 28 June 2013 at 3:28:25 PM BST

Fuuny ,because I thought you guys in the UK were ahead od us in Australia by afe hours. Looks like your behind us as it's.....

12:30AM on the 29th right where I am now!

Yes, you had our time correct.

Australia is way ahead of GMT, whereas we are never more than an hour in front of it.

TordelBack

Nope, the earth spins anti-clockwise and the dateline is mid-Pacific, so you lucky boys and girls get the sunrise first, then Asia, the Europe and Africa, then the Americas.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 June, 2013, 03:47:56 PM
Nope, the earth spins anti-clockwise and the dateline is mid-Pacific, so you lucky boys and girls get the sunrise first, then Asia, the Europe and Africa, then the Americas.

Interesting to know..... As it was only three days ago that I was monitoring American Standard date & time so I could be one of the first to secure a limited tier on this Kick-Starter within the first few minutes.  At around about 1:00 AM, Wednesday the 26th, Australian time. Which was 11:00 AM, Tuesday the 25th, American Time and thanks to a faulty internet browser. I was 10-15 minutes late in the early hours of the morning. Though, that didn't stop me from securing one of the limited tiers, and another limited tier half a hour later with a separate account. This going to cost me all about $655 in 26 days and another $15 with a small add on. Though, it will be worth it.

Thing is, I was under the impression, America was behind us in Australia and the U.K. was in front.

Though, oh well :o

I will be monitoring U.K. time very closely in another two days.

I don't want to miss out.

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 June, 2013, 04:42:07 PM
Thing is, I was under the impression, America was behind us in Australia and the U.K. was in front.

You're wrecking my head, man!   :lol:

This is like every single skype conversation my mother has with my brother in Sydney:
"Is it Wednesday with you yet, love?".
"It's Thursday, Mam."
"But it's Wednesday here and it looks dark where you are".
"That's cos it's after midnight".
"On Thursday?".
"Yes.  I mean no.  Maggie, what bloody day is it?"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 June, 2013, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 June, 2013, 04:42:07 PM

You're wrecking my head, man!   :lol:

This is like every single skype conversation my mother has with my brother in Sydney:
"Is it Wednesday with you yet, love?".
"It's Thursday, Mam."
"But it's Wednesday here and it looks dark where you are".
"That's cos it's after midnight".
"On Thursday?".
"Yes.  I mean no.  Maggie, what bloody day is it?"

Well, it has always appeared to that Australia is in the middle, with the U.K. on the left and the U.S.A. on the right :-\

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 28 June, 2013, 05:45:45 PM
Well, it has always appeared to that Australia is in the middle, with the U.K. on the left and the U.S.A. on the right :-\

You're not wrong, but some clever bugger decided that any given day would 'start' in the middle of the Pacific at roughly 180o longitude, meaning the Kiribata islands get daybreak first, then the rest of the western Pacific (inlcuding Oz), while the Aleutians and the eastern Pacific (including the west coast of the US) get it last.  The UK is at 0o (Greenwich meridian) longitide, and thus gets the 'new' day roughly in the middle (or about 11 hours after Queensland).