Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Quote from: Proudhuff on 03 July, 2013, 01:30:12 PM
So, as far as we know there has been no, ahem, fallout from this?

I've been wondering the same thing
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

TordelBack

Never read New Adventures of Hitler, but it's always appealed in concept and art, and it's years since I read St Swithin's Day.  Kill Your Boyfriend has the Philip Bond factor to commend it, although it seems to lurk in the bargain bins of many a comics shoppe.  Alongside New Adventures, Big Dave must surely be the biggest draw for any cross-publisher putative The Morrison Apocryhpa volume: I can see the cover now, Adolf and Saddam versus Really and Truly...

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 July, 2013, 01:38:13 PM
Kill Your Boyfriend ... seems to lurk in the bargain bins of many a comics shoppe. 

Possibly because it has bumming in it, but not the ass rape of lycra clad women so popular with those who follow the adventures of the champions of all that is good and right.

johnnystress

I expect a press release from the creators shortly that will make me hang my head in shame for buying this

TordelBack

Quote from: johnnystress on 03 July, 2013, 01:58:10 PM
I expect a press release from the creators shortly that will make me hang my head in shame for buying this

Quite right too.  Salve you conscience by redirecting the tainted grimoire to me.  I will.. deal with it.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: johnnystress on 03 July, 2013, 01:58:10 PM

Sell the cursed book on eBay and use the funds to buy massive quantities of unsold Before Watchmen books.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Recrewt

Ha! I was surprised to see BW: Minutemen / Silk Spectre at the top of the Hot New Releases in Comics & Graphic Novels on Amazon.

I'm looking forward to seeing them clogging up my local Forbidden Planet - they seemed to have piles of the individual comics lying around.

TordelBack

Silk Spectre was a good fun comic that would have worked equally well under another title but did okay as an 'alternate universe Watchmen' story, and I suppose Minutemen wasn't too bad (although i don't think I lasted until the end) - quite an appealing volume with those two in it, and certainly the best of the BWs I read.  Good enough to risk your immortal soul though?  That's the question.

Proudhuff

Remember the snake god is watching  :o
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 July, 2013, 02:56:28 PM
Silk Spectre was a good fun comic that would have worked equally well under another title but did okay as an 'alternate universe Watchmen' story, and I suppose Minutemen wasn't too bad (although i don't think I lasted until the end) - quite an appealing volume with those two in it, and certainly the best of the BWs I read.  Good enough to risk your immortal soul though?  That's the question.

Both were by far the best 'Before Watchmen' titles, and by no coincidence Darwyn Cooke was involved.

I didn't give a monkeys toss about any perceived controversy when I read and enjoyed those particular BW comics, and likewise feel the same regarding Zenith.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 July, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
I didn't give a monkeys toss about any perceived controversy when I read and enjoyed those particular BW comics, and likewise feel the same regarding Zenith.

To anger one magus is foolhardy, to anger two is... a recipe to become very sticky indeed.

credo

With all this talk of reprinting Grant Morrison's old Crisis work, can I be the first (on this thread) to call for the reprint of John Smith's/Jim Baikie's astounding New Statesmen.  Another great 2000AD does superheroes story that's been lost in the mists of time!

Bat King

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 July, 2013, 11:50:48 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 03 July, 2013, 11:33:43 AM
Someone linked to a review of the actual book (not just the content), so review copies have gone out.

I'm pretty sure the 'review copies' are PDFs. Some (I presume all) are watermarked with the intended recipient, which will make it pretty easy to track back if the inevitable torrent appears on the P2P networks.

Cheers

Jim

I think Jim has the right of this matter. Not seen a preview copy myself =( but it would be pdf as almost everyone does that these days & can any of you see Molch-R sending someone a £100 book??? Cos he wouldn't.

Also I quess that unlike a review copy of the prog these babies would be watermarked.

I doubt there are many preview copies out either.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Frank

Quote from: Bat King on 03 July, 2013, 05:39:53 PM
I think Jim has the right of this matter.

Aye, opaque pointed out the reason for my error further up the thread.

TordelBack

Quote from: credo on 03 July, 2013, 04:22:55 PM
With all this talk of reprinting Grant Morrison's old Crisis work, can I be the first (on this thread) to call for the reprint of John Smith's/Jim Baikie's astounding New Statesmen.  Another great 2000AD does superheroes story that's been lost in the mists of time!

This I would buy in a heartbeat (as long as it wasn't £100 or thereabouts).  In fact screw that, I would pay £100 if it'd persuade Smiffy to write more.  Somebody remind me who owns the rights to the non-creator-owned Crisis stuff?  If it's Rebellion, fingers should be removed from orifices toot-sweet: even some Meg floppies would be a start, a chance to get the files sorted out at least.  Imagine the bulging veiny Hicklenton TWW squeezing its way through your letter box!