Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

QuoteThe book is still seal and unopened

Grrrrrrrrr  >:(

Colin Zeal

It isn't really a surprise though is it? It's not nice to see it happen this quickly but out of that 1000 purchasers, some of them were bound to people trying to make a few quid.

COMMANDO FORCES

This will always happen when a limited run of a certain item is produced. The Speculator will always rule, if given the chance!

Frank

Watching collections of stuff he knocked out in the eighties earning £600 per copy for other people will in no way focus Grant Morrison's attention on the matter of sorting out the rights and getting more copies into print. What were Rebellion thinking of?

dweezil2

Mine's arrived at its delivery destination, I've been told!   :)

No chance to read today, but looking forward to checking it out tomorrow.

Feel bad for those who wanted one, but couldn't get a copy.   :(
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IndigoPrime

Quote from: sauchie on 08 October, 2013, 05:26:47 PMWhat were Rebellion thinking of?
Getting the content out? Setting a precedent, which will subsequently enable them to release other editions later? Finally enabling Steve Yeowell to make some money from a strip that's long languished in reprint hell?

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I didn't get my copy today. Why do you hate me, Rebellion?

Frank

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 October, 2013, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 08 October, 2013, 05:26:47 PMWatching collections of stuff he knocked out in the eighties earning £600 per copy for other people will in no way focus Grant Morrison's attention on the matter of sorting out the rights and getting more copies into print. What were Rebellion thinking of?

Getting the content out? Setting a precedent, which will subsequently enable them to release other editions later? Finally enabling Steve Yeowell to make some money from a strip that's long languished in reprint hell?

I may have inadvertently employed irony in the course of typing that post.

shaolin_monkey

Ooh, look what just turned up! This puts the kibosh on any practice I was going to do tonight.

hippynumber1

No sign of mine  :(

I also notice that one of the ebay listings has ended...

opaque

Mine was delivered 5 minutes ago. Number 58 :)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: sauchie on 08 October, 2013, 06:03:30 PMI may have inadvertently employed irony in the course of typing that post.
Arse. Today has not been a good day for brainpower/reading.

opaque

Quote from: Fatboydale on 08 October, 2013, 02:05:40 PM
As for the £100 Zentih book , nothing special to write home about , it does not have the feel of an expensive book , the binding is of cheap basic qualitly , i would not compare the quality to the Dc Absolute Edition's ..... and at twice the price , i would have expected more .... D- FOR EFFORT and Quailty  ...

Very true. The majority of the 'value' is it's exclusivity. I'm sure having a smaller run costs more but then I have no idea of what the publication numbers are for things such as the recent Nemesis 'public' hardback or as a good 'big' example, the IDW collections which cost only £23.55 for the Carlos 2 book.

It will only feel harsh when the softback(s) eventually come out. Does look nice on my shelf though :)
Nice to have the full collection at last.