Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 October, 2013, 09:58:06 PM
Pretty sure he didn't rule out some kind of non-limited edition in the future, though. Maybe not a softcover version of THIS edition, but four soft covers covering each phase...?

Fair enough, I may well be mistaken in my interpretation - I took his reply as effectively being 'that's Zenith done with now.'

hippynumber1

Have those that have been delivered so far all been Yodel? If so, mine's never going to be delivered; they've never delivered anything successfully to me (with the exception of one graphic novel that they removed from the box and folded in order to force through the letterbox!)  >:(

sheldipez

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 October, 2013, 08:35:26 AM
Have those that have been delivered so far all been Yodel? If so, mine's never going to be delivered; they've never delivered anything successfully to me (with the exception of one graphic novel that they removed from the box and folded in order to force through the letterbox!)  >:(

That's crazy, did you obtain compensation for that? They usually just leave my stuff in the shed. Or sometimes the recycling bin.

hippynumber1

Amazon replaced it (and sent it with Royal Mail). They left something in the bin for a friend of mine, he almost dumped his rubbish on it!

Colin Zeal

No sign of my copy yesterday but I'm sure it will arrive today.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheldipez on 09 October, 2013, 08:43:28 AM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 October, 2013, 08:35:26 AM

That's crazy, did you obtain compensation for that? They usually just leave my stuff in the shed. Or sometimes the recycling bin.

Oh god, don't talk to me about Yodel!!  Worst possible service ever.  I complained to Amazon so many times about them, who did nothing.  Late deliveries, leaflets saying left with a neighbour, but not saying which one, bashed, damaged packaging, parcels left leaning against door in the rain, I mean FFS!!!

In the end I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership (everything 'next day' was sent via Yodel), and went back to good old supersaver delivery.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Greg M. on 09 October, 2013, 07:06:11 AMFair enough, I may well be mistaken in my interpretation - I took his reply as effectively being 'that's Zenith done with now.'
I imagine it'll largely come down to legal advice regarding distribution. There's no sense in Rebellion moving forward with other editions if distributors won't carry them for fear of legal action. However, if that's no longer a problem, Rebellion would be mad to not cash in on the story, given that the audience would be reasonably large (although, I suspect, not quite as large as some people might think—this isn't Watchmen).

My guess: Phase I to show up at the tail end of 2014/early 2015, for about 15 quid in paperback, with a bunch of extras on the creation of the character.

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 09 October, 2013, 10:21:06 AMIn the end I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership (everything 'next day' was sent via Yodel), and went back to good old supersaver delivery.
We had Prime here for a year. What a waste of money it was. One Christmas I ordered two Kindles, which were sent via standard Royal Mail. By contrast, a DVD was sent next-day courier. Amazon argued it sent items by "the most appropriate method"; untraceable, untrackable Royal Mail for expensive tech devices, near to Christmas, when our local Royal Mail depots were (not officially, of course) 'stacking' mail deliveries (i.e. letting mail build up and delivering in batches—confirmed off the record to me by an employee)? Nice.

Fortunately, everything arrived in one suspiciously large sack of goodies on the 23rd, but never again.

opaque

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 October, 2013, 11:31:03 AMgiven that the audience would be reasonably large (although, I suspect, not quite as large as some people might think—this isn't Watchmen).

This is why I was wondering what normal numbers for 2000ad gn's are, let alone something that should have a wider appeal like an available version of Zenith. What are the numbers like for something like the The Best of Milligan & McCarthy?
What size are the markets these days? After all Zenith took a few days to actually sell out after all.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Finished reading my copy yesterday, brilliant stuff!!! Ranks among Nikolai Dante & Cradlegrave as as one of 2000AD's best works!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

hippynumber1

I can't QUITE believe it. Yodel have come through for the first time EVER (possibly only because I'm at home today)! It's here! In my hand! #38  :D

sheldipez

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 October, 2013, 11:31:03 AM
We had Prime here for a year. What a waste of money it was. One Christmas I ordered two Kindles, which were sent via standard Royal Mail. By contrast, a DVD was sent next-day courier. Amazon argued it sent items by "the most appropriate method"; untraceable, untrackable Royal Mail for expensive tech devices, near to Christmas, when our local Royal Mail depots were (not officially, of course) 'stacking' mail deliveries (i.e. letting mail build up and delivering in batches—confirmed off the record to me by an employee)? Nice.

Fortunately, everything arrived in one suspiciously large sack of goodies on the 23rd, but never again.

HA! We had similar experience with our trial of prime last xmas too - we had books that cost around £1 mark come via courrier (singularly - as in a courrier would turn up with a book that cost a £1) and the £170 kindle paperwhite was delivered standard royal mail through the letterbox.

That Amazon Prime must leave an awful eco footprint behind, we didn't renew Prime either. Totally wastefull. If I really must have something ASAP I'll pay for it individually.

Skullmo

No one has delivered anything to me . . . . I bet it had gone to my old address!
It's a joke. I was joking.

klute

Mine was delivered yesterday huzzah!!! wife had to sign for it as i was at work :( i'm limited edition number 250 something or other(i think)....it's now gone away till christmas :)

Had a quick flick through before it went into hiding looked awesome and brought back some good memories.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Colin Zeal

Mine has arrived, number 462. Kindly left on the doorstep where I almost missed it on the way in. It looks lovely, so I'd like to say well done to the design team as they did a fantastic job.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Skullmo on 09 October, 2013, 02:27:27 PM
No one has delivered anything to me . . . . I bet it had gone to my old address!

Surely it went to the delivery address you specified on the order?