Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Mardroid on 20 October, 2013, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 19 October, 2013, 09:24:54 PM
I bought my copy because I ran out of toilet paper. . . . Thankfully I got some more in the meantime! Although it is running low!

Do those cash machines dispense notes in fifties? ;-)

Sorry, only in £100 notes
It's a joke. I was joking.

Buttonman

The sale date was announced a month in advance and even then they didn't sell out for 3 days. If you really had to have one you could have got one with very little effort. It the same with Royal mail shares - are the people who bought them with no intention of keeping them long term 'scumbags' for cashing in for a quick £300?

Plenty of ways we all get our pocket picked every day so I for one would have no issues with 'cashing in' - market forces dictated the selling price and they will the re-sale price. I also wonder who determines what is a 'genuine second hand copy'. Are bent back pages and coffee stains a must?

Steve Green

If anyone wants to send me one I'm happy to do a weathering service - for a price.

(Offer restricted to the first 100, where the price then trebles)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 20 October, 2013, 10:42:58 AM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 20 October, 2013, 09:39:33 AM
I'm interested to know what you think about the copy that was listed at 99p and eventually sold for £395. There was no demand for an inflated price, people freely bid it up to that price, no-one was 'forced' to pay above and beyond the original £100 price-tag...
I Still think the person who listed it is a scumbag as they bought the book with no intention of reading it. The poor sap who paid £395 may have been able to buy a copy from Rebellion had the speculators stayed away.
Let's be honest. Anyone who pays that much money for a comic either has the money to waste on whatever they like or is a total fucking idiot. Or both, obviously.

Can't say that I see anything wrong on the seller's part in either of those scenarios. It's the same as the crap people spout about ticket touts: if you don't pay the prices people wont try to sell at those prices.

We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 October, 2013, 01:31:01 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 20 October, 2013, 10:42:58 AM
The poor sap who paid £395 may have been able to buy a copy from Rebellion had the speculators stayed away.

Anyone who pays that much money for a comic either has the money to waste on whatever they like or is a total fucking idiot. It's the same as the crap people spout about ticket touts: if you don't pay the prices people wont try to sell at those prices.

Quite.

ThryllSeekyr

Has anybody received their copy of The Complete Zenith yet?

I would also like to know if they've already deducted the money from our bank accounts for this book yet. Just leaving 100 dollars in my savings account just in case. Although I seem to remember they may have already done this when  we all first put in our orders. Sometimes the money is deducted just before they box it up and send it to you.

Just wondering.....

Greg M.

They took the money when we ordered.

ThryllSeekyr

Thanks, I need all the money I can get at the moment :D

Skullmo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 October, 2013, 06:12:57 PM

Do you want to sell your copy?  I'll give you £101!

hippynumber1

Skullmo

£101.10

We don't need Ebay, we can just do this for 10 days!

hippynumber1

Too rich for my pocket, I'm out!

Mark Taylor

Y'know, I'm a pretty dedicated collector when it comes to my 2000AD graphic novels. I've basically bought everything Rebellion have put out, with the exception of multiple editions reprinting identical content (like ABC warriors hardback and softback editions - I only bought the hardbacks). In the case of The Complete Zenith I personally felt the asking price was too high for the for the format being offered. For £100 I want something as special in presentation as an DC Comics style Absolute Edition (I have all 5 'Sandman' volumes plus 'Death' in that format).

So, I didn't buy it. Of course, this messes up the completeness (in terms of published content) of my collection. Yup. Sure does. But the point is nobody was forcing me to buy it then, nobody is forcing me to buy it now, and in fact in reality no body is forcing anybody to buy it at any point. If the price is too high it is within anybody and everybody's power to 'just say no'. Food, you're forced to buy (if you want to live)... a comic book, not so much. I'm really having no difficulty to speak of living with my slightly-less-than-complete collection of Rebellion published 2000AD Graphic Novels.

P.S. Then again, as a dedicated car fan I really need a Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4, but at a quarter of a million quid the bastards are forcing me to bankrupt myself and consign my family to a poverty stricken existence for the rest of their lives. What complete arseholes. Oh well, that's life.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Skullmo on 20 October, 2013, 06:52:43 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 October, 2013, 06:12:57 PM

Do you want to sell your copy?  I'll give you £101!

I'm not saying I don't have all the money I want, I just don't wan to find out I going to minus another hundred dollars on some book I though I had already paid for.

Since I had gone through the tedious process of trying to purchase this book within the first few minutes of it's limited run and succeeded.

I would like to see and read and perhaps own what was all the fuss about.

Sorry guys........

Sop one had once asked for Zenith collection when I think some one else replied that it was never going to happen due to who owned the rights to Zenith I believe.

Besides it does look like a handsome volume.

Although, I may decide I don't want it after holding it in my hands and may sell it and think of your offer.

How much does it depreciate if I've already looked at and read it?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 October, 2013, 03:31:52 AM
So one had once asked for Zenith collection when I think some one else replied that it was never going to happen due to who owned the rights to Zenith I believe.

Ah, fixed that, and what I meant to add was that then this book happened in defiance of that claim and I had to satisfy my curiosity.