Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

As I missed the limited release i'll be getting these phase HB's.  :D

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 December, 2013, 03:34:44 PM

As for £108, it'll be interesting to see how the new volumes compare. I can't imagine you'd get any change at RRP from £108... (Amazon is another matter, given how that company doesn't care about profits, but even so I see plenty of hardbacks on there often not being discounted much or at all.)

I'll be surprised if the total cost, via Amazon from whom I'll be purchasing the volumes from, comes out at more than £100.

From my buying status I rarely purchase anything from Amazon that isn't at least 30% lower than RRP.

Dodsy

Aren't these new editions exclusive to the 2000AD store? Or is it just the pre-ordering that is exclusive?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Molch-R

Quote from: dodsy on 04 December, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
Aren't these new editions exclusive to the 2000AD store? Or is it just the pre-ordering that is exclusive?

Just the pre-ordering.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 04 December, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
Bugger. There goes my get-a-PS4-quick plan.

Anyone want a sealed limited edition?

Sure, I'll give you £30 for it.

IronGraham

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 04 December, 2013, 12:45:41 PM
Quote from: Recrewt on 04 December, 2013, 12:16:18 PM

Interesting - what is it about these new volumes that makes you think the complete collection sucks?

I'm sure these will turn out to be the same page size, over four books for roughly the same price.  I can't see anything there that lessens the quality of the complete collection.

Suck in comparison, but obviously it'll still be great because it's Zenith.

However, using the proper page sizes will be a big improvement, and the promised new extras would have to be pretty bad not to add value.

I don't agree it will be roughly the same price either. Given the big book was actually £108 thanks to a compulsory postage surcharge, whereas the new books will (presumably) be available on amazon, so knock off 25% of the cover price, with free delivery.
I think these will also be 2000AD exclusive
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Mark Taylor

IronGraham

Ok cool have to see when they pop up on Amazon

IronGraham

well mine are ordered now I play the waiting game

The Monarch

well considering I never got my copy of the complete one due to a-holes (not talking about forum guys) buying the complete edition just to sell it on I welcome our single phase hardcover overlords...

just hope they have the interludes and other gubbins the complete one had

ThryllSeekyr

opaque

Quote from: The monarch on 05 December, 2013, 01:05:08 AM
well considering I never got my copy of the complete one due to a-holes (not talking about forum guys) buying the complete edition just to sell it on I welcome our single phase hardcover overlords...

Were you on holiday? It took over 2 days for them all to be sold.

At least you'll only need half the space on your bookshelf as well! :)

The Monarch

A serious lack of money at the time

when payday came round the buggers were gone :lol:

The Adventurer

Can we get confirmation if the new single Phase editions will have digital editions? Because that sure would be swell.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Molch-R

Quote from: The Adventurer on 05 December, 2013, 11:26:48 AM
Can we get confirmation if the new single Phase editions will have digital editions? Because that sure would be swell.

Day-and-date digital on all the platforms we currently support (iPad, Kindle Fire, Kobo etc.)