Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by bluemeanie, 09 July, 2012, 12:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

Only noticed there's a fifth installment just before finishing the fourth.  So many questions still to be answered...

Modern Panther

Episode five is out.  Jings, it's emotional.

All those choices that you were warned would be remember...they weren't kidding...and Lee has done some terrible things to keep Clem safe.

Jared Katooie

I hate Walking Dead, but this is a good game.

Jared recommends.

NapalmKev

Episode 5 was excellent, as was the series as a whole. At less than 20 quid for the complete game It's good value and a lot better than some full priced titles I've purchased in the past.

Quality.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Keef Monkey

Final episode was fantastic. It's shorter than the others (about 90mins) but if you've played through them all and are invested in it it's 90mins of some of the best gaming I think I've ever done.

Just the whole experience of waiting for these episodes to drop, desperate to see what happens has been one of the most engrossing game experiences I've had. Brilliant, brilliant work.

I heard a 2nd season was being planned, I'd actually rather they just left it, they really captured something special with this, I wouldn't want to see them try and repeat it.

Pete Wells

Oooooooh, gonna download this tonight!

Satanist

I have loved this game all the way through. One thing though Ive seen that there can be quite a difference on how things play out at the end. So just out of interest how did you end yours?

MAJOR SPOILER BELOW FOR THE END OF THE GAME...

[spoiler]I had cut my arm off but asked Clem to leave me behind (but not handcuffed) just incase I wasnt infected.[/spoiler]

Also after the credits theres an extra scene so dont turn off before then.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

I did exactly the same as you in both those situations!

The Bissler

This sounds ace!  I was thinking maybe of giving it a go... Just one question though, has anyone played this that is familiar with the tv series but that doesn't read the comics? 

I really enjoy the tv series and so far have managed to avoid spoilers from people who know the story from the comics.  Is there anything in the game that is going to spoil things for me?  (In case it makes a difference, I'm right up to date with series 3 on Sky at the moment)

Keef Monkey

Nah, nothing in the game will spoil anything. There are a couple of cameos in the first episode from comic characters (they're in the telly show too but it's the comic versions who appear) but there aren't any spoilers at all. It doesn't try and tie its story into the comic or tv continuity or anything either, it's totally its own self-contained thing.

The Bissler

Excellent Keef Monkey, I'll be sure to check it out then!

Cheers!

Rog69

It's half price on Steam as part of the latest sale, £10.50 for the complete season for the next 24 hours.

Modern Panther

Series 2 of TellTales' Walking Dead was released a few days ago, following the same episodic format as the previous game.  Spoilers:

Part 1 is [spoiler]largely set up, with the focus on Clementine surviving the collapse of the previous group of survivors and coming into contact with a new, just as troubled group.[/spoiler]

The voice acting in this game is [spoiler]outstanding, as ever.  Clementine has not only aged, but hardened, and the subtilties in the performance are incredible[/spoiler]

Also, the introduction of a [spoiler]dog[/spoiler] as a character was inspired.  It's become a bit of a [spoiler]videogame trope, to have a trustworthy canine companion,[/spoiler]so to have it introduced and then, just when you're sure this is going to be a predictable game mechanic, to have it [spoiler]immediately become a threat...Man, I wanted to love that dog.[/spoiler]

Hopefully not too long until episode 2..."[spoiler]I thought you were dead![/spoiler]"

Theblazeuk

Clementinnnnee!

Drock that was brutal.... After the ruinous toll season 1 took on me, poor Clem faces all of this? Why can't they just leave her alone she's only a little girl. And [spoiler]Omid.... I wish they'd let me pick up the gun before picking up the bottle. I wish so much. I tried![/spoiler].

Some of these people you meet are horrible people though and I will be happy to watch them get eaten if that's how they treat a little girl.

ThryllSeekyr

I just purchased the second last expansion. I think it's called 400 Days something like that. Because it's was dirt cheap at around $3.00 AUD and some confounded problem occurred when I attempted to install it and now I don't think I have it, as it's not in my games library, but when ever I try to re-purchase it. The option to purchase it for myself is no longer there.

Something like this has happened a few other times when I have tried to install other games I had brought through Steam. There were a few expansions for Lord of the Rings on line that I may miss out on because they couldn't be installed and I can't try and repurchase them either.

I had submitted a complaint to Steam about this and I don't think they understood what I had explain to them exactly. Their solution didn't make much sense either and I still don't have those games.

Any advice would be welcome....