Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Dodsy on 05 August, 2016, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 03 August, 2016, 09:38:32 PM
now the very beginnings of the Moses mega-arc in Sinister Dexter has been brilliant.

Have the floppies reprinted this run? I may have to have a look into this..

Most recent Meg floppy reprints the Kal Kutter stuff, which is where one Moses makes his covert return. It's great stuff - and continues next month.

The Monarch

The early moses war stuff is being reprinted in floppies starting the latest issue and running in at least the next two

Taryn Tailz

As well as Necrophim, the final run of Caballistics Inc would be nice. I know there's not enough for a third trade, so I'd love to get a floppy to round out the collection.

TordelBack

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 05 August, 2016, 06:19:14 PM
As well as Necrophim, the final run of Caballistics Inc would be nice. I know there's not enough for a third trade, so I'd love to get a floppy to round out the collection.

Not likely when Tharg is flogging the full series in digital format (tempted).

Colin YNWA

I enjoyed Necrophim a lot more than many as memory serves. Reckon it'll get a floppy at some point. Probably not a trade?

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 August, 2016, 09:27:34 PM
I enjoyed Necrophim a lot more than many as memory serves. Reckon it'll get a floppy at some point. Probably not a trade?

I'd pick up either, but I feel floppies are much more likely than a trade.

terryworld

please please please Tharg, can we have a MACH ZERO floppy?

i'm going to undertake a course on custom book-binding and i want to make my own "2000AD Year 1" year 2 year 3 etc hardcovers. need mach 0 to be able to do this.
splundig etc

Skullmo

Quote from: terryworld on 07 August, 2016, 09:51:26 AM
please please please Tharg, can we have a MACH ZERO floppy?

i'm going to undertake a course on custom book-binding and i want to make my own "2000AD Year 1" year 2 year 3 etc hardcovers. need mach 0 to be able to do this.
splundig etc

Didnt that all get reprinted in an extreme?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

terryworld

while MOST (but not all) of MACH 1 got reprinted in 2 extreme editions, MACH ZERO didn't get the treatment. would love to see the unreprinted MACH 1 stories along with the MACH ZERO stories bundled in a floppy.

Richard

The first MACH Zero story was awful, one of the worst stories in the history of the comic. It doesn't ever need to see the light of day again. But the other two stories were very good. They should be included in any future MACH 1 collection. Or a floppy.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 09 August, 2016, 08:47:47 PM
The first MACH Zero story was awful, one of the worst stories in the history of the comic.

Wow really I've just re-read it (assuming you don't mean the M.A.C.H. 1 appearance) and its brilliant stuff, absolutely great. Dark and mysterious creepy and immense fun. Added to my a crazy wonderful villain its a bit of a forgotten masterpiece if you ask me.

Dandontdare

can someone jog my memory as to the order of the Mach 0 stories?- I remember the one with the gang of tramps, and the one where he was  railway porter, but I can't remember where they came in the ongoing narrative. Wasn't "The Suit" a Mach 0 story too? (I absolutely adored that iconic cover)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 August, 2016, 12:51:09 PM
can someone jog my memory as to the order of the Mach 0 stories?- I remember the one with the gang of tramps, and the one where he was  railway porter, but I can't remember where they came in the ongoing narrative. Wasn't "The Suit" a Mach 0 story too? (I absolutely adored that iconic cover)

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=2000AD&choice=MACH0

The first story he appeared in was M.A.CH. 1 where the two strap.

'Cousin George' is the first M.A.CH. 0 story proper (i.e. in his own series) and is the one featuring the army of tramps - wonderful stuff

The 'The Suit' followed by BIG break and the final story almost 100 pros later, which I guess has him as a porter?

Magnetica

I would like to see the early Mach Zero stories and the Mach One stories that haven't been reprinted as I haven't read them and they along with a few early future shocks are just about the only remaining 2000AD stories I have never read.

I don't care if they are "dross" or not, I need to see them.