Main Menu

Having trouble with the killfile

Started by Tiplodocus, 13 June, 2005, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bico

I wouldn't worry, he offends very easily, as I recall.

Byron Virgo

Just because I chastised him for being unaware of the upcoming plot of Shakara II...

If people were being blocked because of pimping then half this board would dissapear overnight.

Tiplodocus

No, Byron, it wasn't the Shakara thing it was before that.

And it wasn't anything you said specifically to me.  I just fancied tuning out for a bit.  Like when your mate asks you to come out for a pint but you'd sometimes just rather stay in and watch Corrie.  You still like the person, it's just about how you (in this case me) were feeling at the time.

It was almost certainly all my loss because, even in the middle of the things you were saying was some genuinely amusing and interesting stuff but at the time I, being on a short tether myself at the time, thought it too much and I needed a rest.  

I'm making this worse aren't I?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dudley

Wow, that's a nice deep hole you've got there, Tips.

Tiplodocus

I always abhor people who use the phrase "just telling it like it is" as an excuse to be rude and obnoxious.  Please realise this isn't what I'm doing here, I'm just trying to be open and honest in my communications.

Actually, I'd best stop digging.  

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

Indeed, put the shovel down and step away!

Seriously though, I find it interesting. Tips uses the killfile in a way, I'd imagine, it was not envisioned to be used.

Bico

It sounds like just not reading someone's posts would be a better way to go about it.  i thought the killfile was to stop the possibility of online stalkers, myself, since the odd droid uses the messageboard.

Art

It sounds like just not reading someone's posts would be a better way to go about it.

It's a perfectly valid tool for cutting down noise. Some people find wading through hundreds of posts of the "what colour socks do you wear" kind bothersome, and we've already seen the amount of complaint that any request that people try to moderate their posting causes - we can safely say that it's not going to happen - so killfiling gives people the option to view the board without some of it.

+rufus+

An' most of the droids are purty frakkin' odd at best.....
;-) R

Matt Timson

I was in Art's killfile until he realised I could draw...

;)

I'm pretty sure I've been in Tips' killfile for yonks as I pretty much exceed all the criteria for inclusion.  By miles.
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

I was thinking the same thing JEB...

Richmond Clements

Matt Timson

What? That I'm in it or that you'd be in it as well?

;)
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

Well, that doesn't matter, because if the theory's right, he can't see any of this.

Bolt-01

Is anybody posting on this thread?

Bolt-01 :P