Main Menu

Forum - Bug reports and issues

Started by VinceBot, 26 July, 2009, 05:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Is it just me or is the background on the top part of the page gone all dark making reading the active topics, unread posts etc... unreadable?

Buddy

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 30 July, 2009, 06:53:46 PM
Is it just me or is the background on the top part of the page gone all dark making reading the active topics, unread posts etc... unreadable?

Actually it's fine in firefox but buggerd in ie.

ukdane

The footer of the page is transparent. This makes some of the text and drop downs hard to read/locate, as it so clashes with Tor Cyan's legs, and Ukko.

Can we have a black footer, that is the width of the message board please? (on my screen, it's from Red to Slaine).

Using IE.
Cheers

-Daney

VinceBot

I just checked for this in IE8 but I'm not seeing the issue. Can you screenshot it for me?

Edit: Might have been a stray CSS entry I just took out. Can you test and confirm/deny?

Quote from: ukdane on 30 July, 2009, 07:56:02 PM
The footer of the page is transparent. This makes some of the text and drop downs hard to read/locate, as it so clashes with Tor Cyan's legs, and Ukko.

Yep, IE only. Looks like a failure to clear floats right at the end. I'll have a poke around.
Edit: Nope, stray form element not being closed. Fixed.

VinceBot

Issue
Bunch of links overflowed their assigned area on IE, showing up some unsightly underlines.

Resolution
Fixed dem links. IE now looks a damn sight tidier.

ukdane

QuoteYep, IE only. Looks like a failure to clear floats right at the end. I'll have a poke around.

Sorry Vincebot, but it isn't fixed on the various boards (which lists thread titles i.e.: Message Board, View Active Topics, View Unread Posts, and View New Replis to your posts)
The page numbers and the mark all topics as read are still on "invisible" backgrounds, so the text disappears behind Ukko and Tor Cyan's legs.
Cheers

-Daney

Buddy

Quote from: VinceBot on 30 July, 2009, 09:15:53 PM

I just checked for this in IE8 but I'm not seeing the issue. Can you screenshot it for me?

Edit: Might have been a stray CSS entry I just took out. Can you test and confirm/deny?

Quote from: ukdane on 30 July, 2009, 07:56:02 PM

Yep, IE only. Looks like a failure to clear floats right at the end. I'll have a poke around.

Is OK now.. I'm still on ie7 by the way.

VinceBot

Quote from: ukdane on 31 July, 2009, 05:27:11 PM
Message Board, View Active Topics, View Unread Posts, and View New Replis to your posts [...] The page numbers and the mark all topics as read are still on "invisible" backgrounds, so the text disappears behind Ukko and Tor Cyan's legs.

You're not wrong there - probably part of the intended layout so I'll have to modify that a bit. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Fixed. Its a quick fix so its kinda ugly, but it works.

pauljholden

Personal Message screen seems to be all over the place in safari. The input box appears on the very far right of the screen, the banner is in the correct place though. Probably something simple :)

-pj

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 10 August, 2009, 03:43:47 PM
Personal Message screen seems to be all over the place in safari. The input box appears on the very far right of the screen, the banner is in the correct place though. Probably something simple :)

I mentioned this a few posts back but forgot to supply the requested screenshot. Here it is:

The problem is the layout, not the blurring before any smart arse thinks of saying that.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

I tried to report a few spam posts - most submitted okay, but one just kept returning to the "database error - if you see this again notify an administrator" screen - is this maybe an already-reported post?

VinceBot

I can't seem to reproduce the report problem or see anything up with your account compared to anyone elses. If you come across the issue again, can you post here, incluing a link to the post you can't report?

Jim, looks like a missing line break in the template. Should be fixed now, sorry for the delay!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: VinceBot on 11 August, 2009, 09:30:58 AM
Jim, looks like a missing line break in the template. Should be fixed now, sorry for the delay!

Superb! Thank you, sir!

Cheers

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Not a forum issue, I suppose, but on the actual front page of this site, none of the links in the news section on the left actually work, barring the top one.

Cheers

Jim

Dandontdare

When a large image is posted, should it push the profile and avatar off the right of the screen? Most posts are neatly lined up with a small strip of illustrated blue border at each side, but something like Mygrimmbrother's post today on the doodle thread pushes everything right. Not a biggie, it's easy enough to scroll over to see who posted on the rare occasions it's needed, but thought I'd mention it just in case you weren't aware and it is a bug.  :)