Main Menu

Forum change...!

Started by w3bz, 14 June, 2011, 01:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: w3bz on 14 June, 2011, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 June, 2011, 01:56:57 PM
That's a relief - I was getting worried when I couldn't get back in earlier!

Will the "active topics" index (as opposed to unread posts) be reinstated at all as this was always my usual starting point?

Yeah sorry about that too way longer than expected, which is why we've ended up jumping the gun a bit, loosing some features but gaining others. As for the active topics, literally thought of that about 5 mins ago, will go hunting! ;)

Thanks W3bz - we can be a fussy and demnding bunch, so please don't take that request as impatience, I appreciate these things take time, work and endless tinkering. Keep up the good work!

bluemeanie

But I dont have anything that goes WITH this new colour scheme!!

Really tho, all about the posts not the layouts tho sure they'll come in time.

The Legendary Shark

Very nice! I thought I'd screwed everything up when I couldn't get in earlier and my computer got called some awfully unfair names. Like DDD, the only thing I'm missing is the "Active Topics" thing but otherwise I'm loving it!

Well done w3bz and thank you!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! IT'S ALL DIFFERENT!!!! I'm going to have to get my head around this- and in the meantime, I shall shout at people randomly, walk around in tight little circles, hit the wall (NOT to strengthen my knuckles, just cos) and whimper.

Unfortunate thing: If you're looking at a topic- say this one- when you get to the last message, it still has the "Previous/ next" buttons below it, which if you then click takes you on to the NEXT TOPIC. Which is a bit confusing if you haven't noticed you're on the last page of the topic you're reading. I just acccidentally went on to a topic about subscriptions in that way, and nearly posted this there.

SBT

Hoagy

Aww that's what we needed Webs, just a place to talk. Not all the bells and whistles. This is a top site yer know?

The reason I'm here a lot is because of the many different "rooms" it has. I hope the spamming never brings the day we have to modify that. Fuckn Trojans.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

w3bz

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 14 June, 2011, 02:37:50 PM
ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! IT'S ALL DIFFERENT!!!! I'm going to have to get my head around this- and in the meantime, I shall shout at people randomly, walk around in tight little circles, hit the wall (NOT to strengthen my knuckles, just cos) and whimper.

Unfortunate thing: If you're looking at a topic- say this one- when you get to the last message, it still has the "Previous/ next" buttons below it, which if you then click takes you on to the NEXT TOPIC. Which is a bit confusing if you haven't noticed you're on the last page of the topic you're reading. I just acccidentally went on to a topic about subscriptions in that way, and nearly posted this there.

SBT

lolz - just did that myself...will see what I can do...

spoilers now fixed...

looking for a way to add them to the posting boxes themselves...

will look at that whole previous/next thang!

__*zap*__

Proudhuff

Nice, engrace the change! an 'active topics' would be nice
DDT did a job on me

exilewood

I can dig it. Damn those spambots, damn their eyes.

Another request for 'active topics' here too.

w3bz

Can someone check http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php?action=unread as the mod changed it (apparently) and it's showing topics with new posts in but can't remember if that's exactly as you guys want it?...

LARF

Where's the active topics link?

w3bz

Quote from: LARF on 14 June, 2011, 03:25:28 PM
Where's the active topics link?

Pff, someone doesn't read before he posts ;) check the link above and let me know if it does the same thing as I'm currently trying to sort that link out :D

Ta!

Hoagy

Works just fine with me WEBZ. Not that I'm an expert at all.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Emperor

Quote from: Proudhuff on 14 June, 2011, 02:51:55 PM
Nice, engrace the change! an 'active topics' would be nice

Just to help w3bz out here - "active topics" is different from "unread topics" because it shows all the most recently posted to threads whether or not you've read them. Is that right?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Hoagy

Nope. That's spugged it...
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

w3bz

Quote from: Krombasher on 14 June, 2011, 03:46:33 PM
Nope. That's spugged it...

Yeah just trying out a mod that said it did what we wanted, but seems to list the topics that are active by way of showing you their starting post...bit odd...