Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Professor Bear on 08 March, 2019, 07:15:47 PM
Reports of Jan-Michael Vincent's passing were released today, though his death actually happened last month.  Best known for Airwolf, he also starred in Damnation Alley, a movie known around these parts for its contributions to Dredd lore (alongside the original novel the film was based upon).
Though he'd had a leg amputated some years ago, 73 still isn't a bad run, especially not when you consider the many films and tv shows he was in and the high profile and earnings he got from Airwolf that admittedly resulted in his infamous/ruinous toot habit.  Was just doing an Airwolf binge watch, too.

Sadly, I can never hear his name without thinking of Rick and Morty

sheridan

Hal Blaine, drummer, 90.

He's a session musician, so you've probably never heard his name before, but you'd have heard his work on Another Saturday Night, Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In, Barbara Ann, the Batman theme, Bridge Over Troubled Water, California Dreamin', Cecilia, Da Doo Ron Ron, Dizzy, Good Vibrations, I Get Around, I Got You Babe, Monday, Monday, Mr Tambourine Man, Mrs Robinson, The Night Has a Thousand Eyes, Return to Sender, The Rocky Horror Show (Roxy cast), Secret Agent Man, Somethin' Stupid, Strangers in the Night, These Boots Are Made for Walkin', (They Long to Be) Close to You, Top of the World.

rogue69

Danny Kustow guitarist with the Tom Robison Band passed away in a coma whilst on life support with double pneumonia and a liver infection on the 11th March

rogue69

guitarist Dick Dale of the Del Tones known as the 'King of Surf Rock'  dies aged 81
His music was featured over the opening credits to Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47606592

rogue69

Bernie Tormé aged 66 guitarist in Gillian & for Ozzy Osbourne

ming

Scott Walker...   Time to put Scott 2 on tonight, methinks (not that I ever need an excuse).

Mattofthespurs

Joseph Pilato.

The Captain from Day of the Dead.

Gone at 70.

"You want me to salute that pile of walking pus? Salute my ass!" - Captain Rhodes

He'll live long in the memory. RIP Joe.

Greg M.

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 26 March, 2019, 06:29:14 PM
Joseph Pilato.

Sad news. His performance as Rhodes is iconic - he chews scenery like nobody's business, his character's clearly a complete asshole, but by god, he commands the screen.

Dandontdare

"Ranking" Roger Charlery of The Beat.

JamesC

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 March, 2019, 08:04:31 AM

That's a shame. Ranking Full Stop is awesome.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: JamesC on 27 March, 2019, 08:22:54 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 March, 2019, 08:04:31 AM

That's a shame. Ranking Full Stop is awesome.

This is awful news a sad loss indeed. :(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

rogue69

Shane Rimmer, the actor who voiced Scott Tracy in Thunderbirds, has died aged 89.

von Boom

Quote from: rogue69 on 29 March, 2019, 08:00:28 PM
Shane Rimmer, the actor who voiced Scott Tracy in Thunderbirds, has died aged 89.
Sad news. RIP.  :'(

rogue69

Goldfinger Bond girl Tania Mallet aged 77.