Main Menu

Hivemind guidance...

Started by Dog Deever, 22 August, 2007, 07:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Thanks everyone, and I hope this thread is useful for other boarders who may, at some point, be in need of similar advice.
One more reason to love this board!

Cheers
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

House of Usher

I found my exit interview in my last job very satisfying. I had no bridges to burn, so I decided to go for broke and list every single damn thing that had been wrong with the job and the employer. The human resources manager was very sympathetic, knew almost everything I was going to say before I said it, and pretty much said "yes, we hear that a lot", and tutted at the really stupid everyday annoyances peculiar to my line manager and the suite of offices I worked in, which he agreed were indicative of standards well below those of the organisation I worked for, which itself didn't give a shit about me or any of its other employees, most of whom were regarded as interchangeable and replaceable.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I never have and never will understand employers who dont treat their employees well .It doesnt make sense.A happy workplace is a productive workplace and all that.But having said that a lot employers and people are tossers anyway so wheres the surprise  that workplaces can be awful . Inadequate bosses and their petty power trips . To give a really good example of this i used to know the boss of an IT recruitment agency . This agency was the most popular it agency in the area but the boss treated employees like rubbish . One particular employee was a temp receptionist.On one occasion she was not allowed to leave the desk to have lunch.So she had to eat at her desk.The boss then complained that there were crumbs on the floor and sacked her there and then.In the end all the employees left the company and started another elsewhere and stole all his clients meanwhile the bosses company folded.

I did some building work for this idiot once and he pulled the plug on the project 2 weeks before christmas. He ended up owing me money at that point as well. I lost patience at this point with him and had a word with him along the lines of : " I want the money i am owed right fucking now.No excuses ".I did my best to intimidate him and it worked.Then everyone else in the team got their pay as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Proudhuff

sound advice from the hive mind.
Good luck Dog, hope it brings the stress levels and travelling time down.

Huff
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Best of luck with the new job.

And now, I'd like to hijack the thread if I may. Rather than start a new thread, could the hive guide me to the title of a CD containing:

Metallicas Greatest HIts; and, separately

AC/DCs hits.

Do such things exist? Mrs X wants them, and what Mrs X wants Mrs X gets (if the good Doctor is to have a quiet life, that is)
Lock up your spoons!

soggy

Think I heard somewhere that AC/DC are famous for refusing to produce a greatest hits album

Bolt-01

Good luck with the new job Dog!

Bolt-01

Dog Deever

Cheers everyone!
Went fine- boss sorry to see me go, turned out I only have to give them a weeks notice, not four- I agreed to work the four anyway to allow them time to get someone else, and get some of the students who are close to finishing courses right through to the finish line. And the company agreed to 'buy' my outstanding holidays (which they don't normally do) in recognition of my consideration, so I'll be laughing all the way to the bank. I'll be working less hours and be better off and it's not often in life you get to say that!

He liked the letter too (I had the cheek to ask him!)-
"The sentiments are much appreciated, now fuck off and get some work done, leaving me short-staffed like that you bastard!"

AC/DC and Metallica's greatest hits?
Not sure DocX, but they must have these in the bargain bins in ASDA?
;)
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Trout

Hey, Dog - well done!

And it's always nice to see the board help someone out.

- Trout

Buttonman

Knew he'd be glad to see the back of you! ;0)

As for AC/DC and Metallica  your best bet would be to do a custom job off iTunes or similar meaning she can handpick the ones she wants and doesn't want. Only know Metallica's 'Black' album but you will need 'Enter Sandman' and 'Nothing else matters'.

As for AC/DC you must get 'Dirty deeds done dirt cheap', 'It's a long way to the top', Thunderstruck'and 'Back in Black'.

Looking at itunes they don't have AC/DC but I'm sure other licenced sites exist as well as your friendly neighbourhood bootleg emporium.

I, Cosh

There is a best of Metallica: it's called "Master of Puppets." Digitally add on "Seek & Destroy", "One" & "Peace Sells" and you've got all the 'Tally you'll ever need.
We never really die.

Mr C

Peace sells? That's a Megadeth track. And a bloody good one at that.

I, Cosh

Peace sells? That's a Megadeth track. And a bloody good one at that.

Ha. I wondered if anyone would bite.

It's the only Megadeth song worth mentioning and as Dave Mustaine started out playing guitar in Metallica I like to think of them all as one big happy family...
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Do Metallica sanction downloads ? They were very anti download at one time with all that Napster business.I daresay they have changed their attitude now as they probably charge for them like everyone else does.

I am sure Mtallica said they would never do a greatest hits compilation.
   AC / DC have done a box set but i thinks its all early material up until Bon Scott died and nothing later.

Peter Wolf

Do Metallica sanction downloads ? They were very anti download at one time with all that Napster business.I daresay they have changed their attitude now as they probably charge for them like everyone else does.

I am sure Mtallica said they would never do a greatest hits compilation.
   AC / DC have done a box set but i thinks its all early material up until Bon Scott died and nothing later.