Main Menu

2000AD Thrillshots - Reviewing the Mega and Ultimate Collections

Started by Vernoona, 31 December, 2018, 06:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernoona

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!

I've picked the start of a new year to start a new writing project. 2000AD Thrillshots will review and explore a Volume from the Judge Dredd Mega Collection and the 2000AD Ultimate Collection, in order of the first story to appear in each Volume.

The Collections are great, and hopefully this project will provide a roughly chronological journey through a large amount of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Check it out at http://thrillshots.wordpress.com, and check back every Monday for a new post.

Thanks!
Liam

sheridan

The Monarch

"do you find walter bearable" is kinda the bawwier to entwy of early judge dwedd i hate him

have bookmarked the blog

Vernoona

New post up on the blog today, Volume 53 of the Mega Collection: "Brothers of the Blood".

https://thrillshots.wordpress.com/2019/01/07/brothers-of-the-blood/.

Also, a quick request for help! I'm using the subtitle on the back of each Volume as the title of each post, but my copy of "The Day the Law Died" printed the info for "Necropolis" instead! Can anyone who has the correct version let me know what they used for "Day"? Thanks!

(The back image for "America" is posted below so you can see which bit I mean).

Greg M.

An enjoyable read. A recent 'Best Dredd Stories Ever' thread saw 'Blood Cadets' make my personal top ten. It's interesting that, although John Wagner didn't come up with the 'Dredd as clone' angle, whenever he deals with it, it consistently leads to his finest work on the character.

Vernoona

Thanks Greg! There are some wonderful storylines with the clone plot - can't wait until I get to cover "Oz" and "Necropolis" in particular.

The Monarch

i was looking at my copy of the day the law died and my back copy was also necropolises i wonder if its a screwup on all versions

if it helps my gn version of it published by rebellion uses tyranny wrecks as back cover which is bloody clever

Vernoona

Quote from: The Monarch on 12 January, 2019, 12:51:59 PM
if it helps my gn version of it published by rebellion uses tyranny wrecks as back cover which is bloody clever

Oh that's excellent! I'll definitely use that!

Vernoona

Vernoona

Time to grab the Land Raider and Killdozer combo pack - new entry up on the blog for Judge Dredd Mega Collection #32: The Cursed Earth.

https://thrillshots.wordpress.com/2019/01/21/the-cursed-earth/

The Monarch

am i going nuts or isn't the jimp in the law according to dredd a mutant not a robot

also isn't darkside of the moon technically before the cursed earth chronologicall....-is shot-

Fungus

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 January, 2019, 08:03:32 AM
am i going nuts or isn't the jimp in the law according to dredd a mutant not a robot

also isn't darkside of the moon technically before the cursed earth chronologicall....-is shot-

It's a robot.

What are you referring to with 'dark side of the moon'?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Fungus on 22 January, 2019, 09:12:01 AM
Quote from: The Monarch on 22 January, 2019, 08:03:32 AM

It's a robot.

He's absolutely a mutant! Don't be led astray by that chin - it's a hunk of metal he's bolted to his face to make himself look more like Dredd.
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

Vernoona

It is a mutant! What was I thinking?!

Regarding the Dark Side of the Moon volume, I'm going by the first story actually presented in the volume which in that case is "Darkside". A few Luna-1 stories are in there, but there towards the end of the book.