Main Menu

Only Michael Carroll can rescue the Emerald Isle

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 08 April, 2012, 06:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Dear Tharg,

If we are good boys, please may Michael Carroll write a proper Emerald Isle story like Emperor said in another thread, to fix the silliness Garth Ennis left behind him?  And also, please may we not have spudguns to chips and 'Yeah Mega City's violent - but at least there are no potatoes'?

No hassle about stereotyped drinking or terrorism or anything, because they're pretty much true, and Middenface has been a hard-drinking, funny-accented stereotyped Scotch (yes, Scotch) for years.  Just make it a good story, or at the very least not shite, which it will not be if Mike Carroll writes it.

Tanks a million, Targ, ye dacent fella ye, and may de road roiz wid ye, an' all, an' all.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hoagy

Wow Jayzus. When you're drunk you sound like your avatar. :)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Roger Godpleton

I would tolerate such a thing only if it climaxes with an invading Brit-Cit force utterly crushing said green-painted rubes.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

The Middenface thing is kind of a parody of how Scottish people are portrayed in comics, rather than a parody of the Scots.

JINGS! CRIVVENS.

Etc.

Roger Godpleton

Will you stop changing your name for five minutes?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 08 April, 2012, 09:38:20 AM
I would tolerate such a thing only if it climaxes with an invading Brit-Cit force utterly crushing said green-painted rubes.

I'll go along with that.  As long as we get some follow-up stories about synthi-nail bombs interrupting Armitage's pie and pint the next 30 years or so ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 08 April, 2012, 09:38:20 AM

Everyone hates a sore loser.

Trout

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Emperor

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 April, 2012, 06:31:05 AMIf we are good boys, please may Michael Carroll write a proper Emerald Isle story like Emperor said in another thread, to fix the silliness Garth Ennis left behind him?

I fully endorse my idea.

There is plenty of potential for social and political (as opposed to potato-based) satire, as well as stories that would work well there (and, yes, there is also room for some comedy). There have been a number of solid Cal-Hab stories and a lot of Dreddworld locations have started life as thin, one-note jokes but later stories have given them more depth and richness - it is time for Ireland to get a shot.

Next: Bring back The Inspectre,
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

pauljholden

I've never read the Ennis Emerald Isle stories, but, based on the descriptions I'm seeing here, wouldn't it be possible to rationalise the whole spud gun thing (et al) as Ireland turning itself into one giant tourist trap for American tourists and playing up its national stereotypes.

Given Belfast's current obsessions with turning everything into something Titanic related, I can easily see how, in a few hundred years, we'd be turned into one giant shipyard with a big boat in the middle - all for the precious tourist dollar.

-pj

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+